Any help would be appreciated

donbee

Question

I bought a bag of Legos at a garage sale, it was so cheap, couldn't pass it up.
There are no instructions or anything. Rather than send a pic of bulk, I tried to pull out some unique pieces you could identify, including the large, thick, green base with the cut in it.
Hopefully there's enough there that you can at least point me in the correct direction.
I've tried using Brick Link, but I don't even know what to call most of these pieces. 
I was able to identify Ewok Attack 7139 (because there was a brown Wickit figurine), so you can maybe use that as a point of time reference.
Other than that, the only thing I can figure out is some Artic.
I've also numbered the pieces for points of reference. If you can name some of these pieces for me, so I can find them on BrickLink, I'd greatly appreciate it too.

Happy Sleuthing.

Thank you.

lego what.png

12 answers to this question

The green plate might be from one of four Belville sets - pretty old stuff: 5840-1, 5854-1, 5870-1, or  5807-1. Only the third also has the 12x12 round piece to it, so my guess would be that (Pretty Playland). However, since you didn't put the slide in the picture it might be missing, as well as some others I would think you would have put up here.

The crocodile should be http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6026&in=S.

The highway sign is interesting. It only appeared in http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=6653-1#T=S&O={}, back in 1982. Do you have two of those?

• Like 2

Not to take away from the fun, but LEGO parts have a unique number printed on them... Usually on the underside. Get out that magnifying glass and look for them!

Also, you seriously don`t know what a 2x2 tile is? #29, 30, etc If you are going to try and do the bulk thing, you should spend some time familiarizing yourself with parts on Bricklink. Take sets you know, and browse their inventory to find the part types and names!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gregpj said:

Not to take away from the fun, but LEGO parts have a unique number printed on them... Usually on the underside. Get out that magnifying glass and look for them!

Also, you seriously don`t know what a 2x2 tile is? #29, 30, etc If you are going to try and do the bulk thing, you should spend some time familiarizing yourself with parts on Bricklink. Take sets you know, and browse their inventory to find the part types and names!

Now so much makes sense. Obviously very new to do this. Trying to turn a childhood passion into a sustainable hobby/quality time with my children.

22 hours ago, dinner41 said:

The green plate might be from ...Pretty Playland). 

The crocodile should be http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6026&in=S.

The highway sign is interesting. It only appeared in http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=6653-1#T=S&O={}, back in 1982. Do you have two of those?

I think you are right about Pretty Playland 5870, because it has a skate board which is #7 in my pic.
And that's the only grey croc, so you're right with #1, 5988. Which also solves #9 and # 40 and the white safari hats in my pic.
And I'l give you props for #6, 6653 seems correct. I don't think I have two, but I do have the yield sign from the set for sure. 

So i'll give you credit for 7 of the items in the pic.