Howdy from California!

New to the site obviously, so Im kinda checking things out. Been on Brickset for a while, great inventory checklist and library, so hoping this is equal if not better. I'm sitting at around 200 sets to this point and starting to snag bigger sets now after dabbeling up to this point. Found a couple usefull tactics to help you get more bang for your Lego buck, but like most things, timing is everything. Bought my first large city set about a month ago (Pet Store) and looking to grab the Fire Brigade next since its the next retiring set and with the new stuff starting to come out. I alos am an avid collector of Hard ROck Cafe pilsner glasses from all over the world so would love to meet contacts in other countries that could assist in that too. Multitasker baby! Perhaps a little scratch eacj others back type thing at some point. Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to making new aquaintances and helping one another out as best we can. I have 5 Lego stores within 3 hours in various directions. 2 in the SF area (which I get to about once a year) and 3 more in the greater LA area (which I visit monthly) Greatest find so far was the purchase of 4 banker boxes, totalling about 35 lbs from a kid here in my town for $180. So far I have completed (with very few missing parts) the following: 335 (1967 Transport truck Cab, only some of trailer were there) 600, 603 and 620 (1971 Ambulance, vintage car and fire truck)) 3180 (Tanker) 4002 (Riptide Racer) 3832 (Spongbob Emergenacy Room) 4788 (Mutant Ray) 6206 Tie Interceptor 6207 A Wing 6203 B Wing 6209 Slave I 6210 Jabbas Sail Barge 6211 STAR DESTROYER! 6243 Brickbeards Bounty (missing sails) 7040 Dwarf Mine Defender 7658 Y wing fighter 7626 Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter 7682 Indiana Jones Shanghai Chase 7739 Coast Guard Tower (boat hull missing) 8018 AAT 7474 Urban Avenger 7475 Fire Hammer 7675 AT ET 7737 Coast Guard Truck 7972 Container Heist and various parts to the Dwarf mine set (missing some of the rock wall pieces) also had 50+ minifigs! Best $180 spent yet! Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill, huh? Good thing my name isn't Mr. Sluggo! Heh heh. Anyway, I used to collect Hard Rock Cafe glasses myself during my 'road trip' phase. Still have them but won't trade. Like them too much. Sentimental value and all that. I think the "Fire Brigade" will be the next modular to go and I am hoping to be able to grab one right before it becomes discontinued alltogether. Welcome to the site, friend!