Returning Investor / New Member

Greetings all.

I have been buying and selling Lego's since 2007. I have little inventory compared to most of you.

I started when I was 12 or 13 when I decided to buy a 7654 Droid battle pack to sale rather than to keep.

I am right now a college student and have amassed a collection of Legos that is near 70k, if I decide to sell all my parts on brick link, small time I know. I still keep the Lego set that started it all as a memento.

I mainly like to builds sets and part out the one that I don’t like. I favor the clone war Legos for my battle builds because the clone wars is filled with a whole variety of land vehicles and space battles, to my option, its better battles with "A-Z wings" vs "Ties" in space, and "people" vs "people with tanks" that fills episodes 4-6.

I invest in a whole variety of things but the backbone of my operations is star wars. I mainly follow the ends and outs of everything related to star wars and build my portfolio around it. I don’t like to buy more than 5 of any set unless it’s a star wars battle pack.

I did have a dark age’s period, from 2012 to 2014 I got tired of Legos collecting and reselling. I decided to only collect thing I like, the at-te and clone gunships and clone battle packs for myself to use to build clone war moc if I decided to rejoin Lego.

The reason why I decided to collect tons of at-te, gunships. Droid tanks, and troops was because of Disney purchase of star wars. I believed that 1 of 2 options would happen and I put my money where my mouth was and do my last major invest spree before my dark ages.

• 1      I was and still am willing to bet that Disney will not ever touch the prequels because they want to play it extremely safe and want to revise the franchise and they will not risk anything lower than a 98% success rating for their movies. This process would make star wars last for 8 to 10 years till that had exhausted all of the old star wars fan with the constant movies and merchandise. Like what they do with all merchandise is to suck it dry and move onto the next. And I believe to myself that Disney would suck the life out of the fans of Star Wars before they would to anything with the prequels.

• 2.       Disney would redo the prequels if they ran out of things to do with the episodes of star wars and they were still earning enough money to prompt a revisit. Disney now may be willing to take more risks and redo a franchise, my best guess fans get tired at star wars episode 11 or 12 and after 15 branch off movies like some tie fighter squad and some random Jedi they follows after Luke Sky walkers death. Fans then want something else. This time they would try to cram as many star wars movies into the clone war era and plan to work around the time of the old Republic and Sith empires

I believed and still do that Disney will release sets based on the prequels but they will never be is groups again like the Yoda boxes tie in with the clone wars. The only time that a mass group would exist with Disney is with a clone wars era movie. Disney will put all their eggs in the new line of movies.

The thing that got me out of my Dark ages was when the SSD was retiring and the price on eBay was 750. I was now following Lego that much during this time but I knew there was a SSD available. I was shocked and then proceed to hunt one down in the summer of 2015. I really wanted one for my personal collection. I found one on craigslist but I had to drive a total of 6 hours to pick it up for 500. The trip was not all bad, I then went to a store along the way and picked up stack on storage places at a northern tool store for helping me sort my collection of parts for my builds.

FYI if any of you guys want some some stack multi drawers for brick link. amazon has them for cheap if you don’t a coupon to a norther tool or you are not near one and you want some. http://www.amazon.com/Stack-On-DS-60-Drawer-Storage-Cabinet/dp/B000KKUSYS I will post the add in daily deals

After missing a deal like that and losing money on something that I should have been on top of, I decided to rejoin. I did have some back up sealed boxes to sell and I used that to kick start my eBay portfolio during Christmas time.

I wonder how old everyone was when they started and what made you want to start investing. I’m trying to find a page on that, if there is none then I might make a page.

I will mostly be in the shadows and not post much like I have been, PM me if you have questions about Star Wars sets and I might have an answer or my personal opinion on a set if you want need another option on a star wars set. I know very little on anything other than Star Wars.

PS. I am also going to help you ED with your Child's school, I sold my last Lego hero factory 7179 for 140.50 when I bought it for 8 at a Lego store. I would love to put all the profit I got into your raffle but I am in a bit of a pinch myself in needing money as well. I will just need to get something sorted out after my purchasing of my new books for the semester and I might have some more left over to donate. I will get at least 2 tickets before the raffle ends if nothing else, i can guarantee you that.

• Like 2