Got a great deal, but don't know why.

donbee

Question

I got one of the postings on Craig's List. The one we always dream about. A young lady offered to sell her duplo: 10515 princess Ariel http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10515-1

for just $10. I bought it. Factory sealed. It's amazing. I asked her where she got it. She said she thinks Amazon. I checked Amazon, $80+. 

I kind of feel bad for the girl. 

But it I have two questions, that kind of go together. 

Why is this set so valuable? It's Duplo!

And should I hold on, or flip it?

The questions go together because i don't understand why it's so expensive, and since I dont understand I fear it's a bubble that will pop soon.

but if you can help me understand, then I can hold on to it and watch it grow in value.

oh wise Lego sages, help me in my disbelief. Tell me it's not too good to be true.

3 answers to this question

I got one of the postings on Craig's List. The one we always dream about. A young lady offered to sell her duplo: 10515 princess Ariel http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10515-1

for just $10. I bought it. Factory sealed. It's amazing. I asked her where she got it. She said she thinks Amazon. I checked Amazon, $80+. 

I kind of feel bad for the girl. 

But it I have two questions, that kind of go together. 

Why is this set so valuable? It's Duplo!

And should I hold on, or flip it?

The questions go together because i don't understand why it's so expensive, and since I dont understand I fear it's a bubble that will pop soon.

but if you can help me understand, then I can hold on to it and watch it grow in value.

oh wise Lego sages, help me in my disbelief. Tell me it's not too good to be true.

You obviously have never heard of the Big Zoo.

• Like 2