Lego Classic Space

Hello eveyone and greeting from sunny Malaysia!

The primary reason I joined was to re-kindle my interests in Lego  which I played with while growing up in this part of the world some thirty odd years ago. And the remarkable thing is after all this while I am amazed to see so many people, both adults and children still very much interested in all those colourful and wonderful plastic bricks.

My primary interest is in the Lego Classic Space series released by Lego at the end of the 70s and the early 80s. I have kept all my Lego including the boxes and instructions until this very day and I just took them out to assemble and admire at a while ago. It really brought  out the child in me again I was overcome by emotion and memories of my childhood. I have sets of Lego from that series.

Will really like to connect with all Lego classic space fans out there.

Will my message get any respond from anyone out there??? Well, only time will then. Until then keep building!

Cheers

ChrisT

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, jbacunn said:

This is my classic space display. I have some other small sets as well.

Wonderful to see your sets so nicely displayed. Mine are all in the boxes still waiting for the day I put them up again. Perhaps I should try to get a few base/landing plates like yours before I put them together again. That way it looks better!!! Cheers!

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:20 PM, Mathew said:

The Classic Space box art is beautiful. Especially pre-"Legoland" branding. Almost looks handcrafted. 

Indeed. But my boxes are already "yellowed" from years of being kept in a cupboard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry to hear that you broke the radar dish. But guess what? You can actually buy the broken parts from a website called Brick Owl. I just bought some missing pieces from there. Over the years and as a child growing up playing Lego, I did lose a few pieces here and there. I was excited i found the missing or broken pieces there. It was fast and reliable and I am very glad to make some of my sets complete again. Hope this info helps.

11 hours ago, Chris Thong said:

Hey sorry to hear that you broke the radar dish. But guess what? You can actually buy the broken parts from a website called Brick Owl. I just bought some missing pieces from there. Over the years and as a child growing up playing Lego, I did lose a few pieces here and there. I was excited i found the missing or broken pieces there. It was fast and reliable and I am very glad to make some of my sets complete again. Hope this info helps.

www.Bricklink.com is another rather popular site to visit for missing parts if you can't find what you need on BrickOwl. :)

• Like 2