Hi there!

Hi everybody,

After some casual encounters with Brickpicker I've recently become more interested in the deeper workings of the whole Lego world :)

I must have been around 10 years old when my dad bought me two big piles of second hand Lego, all fitting in the chest he made for me. We spend many hours together trying to turn the big pile of bricks into anything we could imagine. During my teenage years my focus shifted to other interests like video games. And that is where I encountered Lego again with the Star Wars and Marvel Lego games in recent years. Now I'm 27, married and able to buy the sets I dreamed of as a child. Although I want to explore the idea of investing in Lego it is going to be really tough for me not to open and build any set I buy.

Among some small sets I'm the proud owner of the Tower Bridge (10214), Volkswagen T1 Camper (10220) and the Lego chest my dad made me all those years ago.

Cheers from Sweden!

IMG_4514.JPG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Willep99 said:

Hi! Eller Tjena! 

Helt ny här och så såg jag att där finns en till svensk! Så hur har det gått för dig hittills? Några tips?

Rough translation for others. = Completely new here and I saw that there 's another Swedish ! So how has it gone for you so far? Some tips?

----------

Note from me : Welcome to the web site,

8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Rough translation for others. = Completely new here and I saw that there 's another Swedish ! So how has it gone for you so far? Some tips?

----------

Note from me : Welcome to the web site,

Thanks Jaisonline, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2016 at 7:47 PM, Iamthestig said:

Although I want to explore the idea of investing in Lego it is going to be really tough for me not to open and build any set I buy.

Hi and first of all: welcome to Brickpicker! :) 

The issue you mentioned is indeed a problem more of us here have to deal with. The best way to tackle this, is to buy 2 (or more) of a set that you really like. Then you can open one box to build it, while keeping the other box in mint condition stored away for a future day when selling it nets you a good profit. If you manage to sell the 2nd box for 2xRRP it basically means you got for free the set you opened and built. ;) 

2 hours ago, Haay said:

Hi and first of all: welcome to Brickpicker! :) 

The issue you mentioned is indeed a problem more of us here have to deal with. The best way to tackle this, is to buy 2 (or more) of a set that you really like. Then you can open one box to build it, while keeping the other box in mint condition stored away for a future day when selling it nets you a good profit. If you manage to sell the 2nd box for 2xRRP it basically means you got for free the set you opened and built. ;) 

OR: You keep shopping and buying until you get a pancaked/banged up set for which you negotiate a substantial discount and then you keep that one, OR: You find a sealed bag set with big box damage at clearance somewhere and keep it, OR: You buy new sets for investment, and purchase a used & built one from ebay for your own collection at a significant reduction from RRP.

Hello, I am new also, just signed up this morning. I found this site the other night. Looks full of information and entertainment. I always played with Lego as a kid, now I have my own kid and we are just starting to enter the world of Lego together, as for me it is re-entry, ah it feels good to re-live my youth with my son. or is it mid-life crisis? :)

Hello, I am new also, just signed up this morning. I found this site the other night. Looks full of information and entertainment. I always played with Lego as a kid, now I have my own kid and we are just starting to enter the world of Lego together, as for me it is re-entry, ah it feels good to re-live my youth with my son. or is it mid-life crisis?

Mid-life crisis :-) I'm doing the same with my children and when they are asleep building the modulars. I hate to think what it will cost me to purchase those retired modulars! What midlife crisis doesn't cost you money! Hence I pick up some extra sets which I hope will appreciate in the future in order to fund my own purchases.

• Like 1