Greetings!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cody, and I stumbled across this site a couple of weeks ago.  What a wealth of information; it's fascinating!  I'm intrigued by "Lego Investing", and decided I might try this as a a side hobby.  It's also an excuse to buy Lego.  I loved Lego as a kid, but sort of put it aside in my adult years.  I always browsed the stores, but I just couldn't justify spending the money, and finding a place to display it.  This all changed over Christmas when I was building Po's X-Wing with my brother...the detail of the mini-figures, the overall look of the ship, and the fact that it was just plain fun.  Some kind of mental dam broke, and I was like, "Why not?"

Anyway, my girlfriend and I chose to invest a several hundreds of dollars in some sets.  Wisely?  I don't know.  I'm fascinated with the concept of long-term investing (I'm, by nature, a saver), and figured buying Lego sets and seeing how they perform over time can't be any worse than my current stock portfolio.  Short-term flipping is a little less interesting to me (I haven't sold over Ebay before), but might provide a cash infusion once in a while to support my interest in larger sets.  However, this aspect of the Lego Investing world is a little more scary for me as I haven't the foggiest how to predict what might be a good choice, and what might just be a waste of money.  But, as I said earlier, it's an excuse to have Lego...and I can build it if it doesn't go well.  I just have to remember that I can't go nuts and spend all my money on Lego!  :jester:

I've been reading the forums a lot trying to learn everything I can; I'm obviously late to the game.  I wanted to thank everyone for their wealth of knowledge, and there willingness to share with others, especially to new folks, like myself, who might be perceived as competition, or perhaps a "dilution" of the system.  I assure you, my interests are primarily amateur, and I look at this as a part time hobby that may result in the occasional payout.

I hope to be a useful member of this community, and I look forward to collaborating with anyone interested.

Thanks for your time,

Cody

• Like 5

Guest brickcrazyhouse

58 minutes ago, Codes said:

I just have to remember that I can't go nuts and spend all my money on Lego!  :jester:

Hello and good luck

2 hours ago, Codes said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cody, and I stumbled across this site a couple of weeks ago.  What a wealth of information; it's fascinating!  I'm intrigued by "Lego Investing", and decided I might try this as a a side hobby.  It's also an excuse to buy Lego.  I loved Lego as a kid, but sort of put it aside in my adult years.  I always browsed the stores, but I just couldn't justify spending the money, and finding a place to display it.  This all changed over Christmas when I was building Po's X-Wing with my brother...the detail of the mini-figures, the overall look of the ship, and the fact that it was just plain fun.  Some kind of mental dam broke, and I was like, "Why not?"

Anyway, my girlfriend and I chose to invest a several hundreds of dollars in some sets.  Wisely?  I don't know.  I'm fascinated with the concept of long-term investing (I'm, by nature, a saver), and figured buying Lego sets and seeing how they perform over time can't be any worse than my current stock portfolio.  Short-term flipping is a little less interesting to me (I haven't sold over Ebay before), but might provide a cash infusion once in a while to support my interest in larger sets.  However, this aspect of the Lego Investing world is a little more scary for me as I haven't the foggiest how to predict what might be a good choice, and what might just be a waste of money.  But, as I said earlier, it's an excuse to have Lego...and I can build it if it doesn't go well.  I just have to remember that I can't go nuts and spend all my money on Lego!  :jester:

I've been reading the forums a lot trying to learn everything I can; I'm obviously late to the game.  I wanted to thank everyone for their wealth of knowledge, and there willingness to share with others, especially to new folks, like myself, who might be perceived as competition, or perhaps a "dilution" of the system.  I assure you, my interests are primarily amateur, and I look at this as a part time hobby that may result in the occasional payout.

I hope to be a useful member of this community, and I look forward to collaborating with anyone interested.

Thanks for your time,

Cody

Awesome first post! Let any of us moderators know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2016 at 1:58 AM, Codes said:

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I'll be sure to make my way over to the Canadian thread!

As stephen stated, let us know if you have any questions... there is a ton of information and finding it can sometimes be hard. Jeff (one of the site admins) did a major forum software upgrade around mid 2015 and it seems to have caused a lot of older (but still very useful) content to not be indexed properly so search results that come up empty often shouldn't.

Anyways, welcome to the site and enjoy your stay!

• Like 1