40201 - Valentines Cupid Dog

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

as reported by @lodibricks this is on sale @ LEGO Shop at Home after you place it in your cart. I don't remember last years seasonals being marked down...:mda:

Thanks for sharing that here. I'm surprised it hadn't sold out by now. Perhaps the others hadn't lasted this long, and that kind of concerns me. I'll probably get banned over buying multiples of this dog of a set. Wakka wakka.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Can't help but thing back to the brick built animals from 2014 (like the Bat and the Snowman) and how those didn't move quickly for Lego either.  Meanwhile, the vignettes moves at lightning speed last year.

Maybe this is a message Lego will listen to.

seeing the 2 you gave an example to were the 2 they reprinted more with 2015 codes probably not lol

Snowman was pretty solid though.  

Besides vignettes require lots of thinking and design by LEGO, especially at a 9.99 price point and we all know they don't like to much thought and effort these days.

Well, I thought about that - why would they reissue them if they weren't good sellers the first time around?  But, to a degree, it makes sense - it makes it look like they have more product on the shelf.  And, if you don't like this year's animal, there's always 2014's animal.

Who knows?  Maybe having two different animals on the shelf at the same time increases sales?

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Can't help but thing back to the brick built animals from 2014 (like the Bat and the Snowman) and how those didn't move quickly for Lego either.  Meanwhile, the vignettes moves at lightning speed last year.

Maybe this is a message Lego will listen to.

With production capacity at its limit it kind of makes sense for TLG to produce slow movers (read: subpar sets, which are easier to design anyway) to prevent sets from selling out too fast and to have a greater variety of sets on the shelves. :jester: