J.J. Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode: VII

Darth Lego

Don't get me wrong I love everything JJ Abrams does but this is not a good choice at all. Why? Because of Star Trek. You can't be involved in both. Sorry, just doesn't work. I think this is horrible news.

Why not? I'm not a sci-fi buff but I think he did a good job with Star Trek

I think he did a great job with Star Trek too. I think he will do a good job with Star Wars. I guess I just can't get over the weirdness of him doing both. Does anyone else think it is odd or is it just me?

I think he did a great job with Star Trek too. I think he will do a good job with Star Wars. I guess I just can't get over the weirdness of him doing both. Does anyone else think it is odd or is it just me?

It is kinda wierd. If he does a good job with Star Wars, then it's all good. So long as the new Star Wars does not end up feeling just like his take on Star Trek.

That's just too much sci-fi power. Look what happened when L Ron Hubbard got too much power :)

JJ does Battle Star Galactica and he becomes a nerd saint by default.

On a serious note...I can't friggin wait. I don't care who does it.

I don't think he has realised what he has done, directing both Star Trek and Star Wars is going to cause a rip in the space time continuum, the world is going to implode, this is what the mayans predicted, just they got the dates wrong... On a serious note, i think he will do fine, they could have picked a lot worse

I don't like everything JJ Abrams does, but in this case I think he is a good choice. I think he is a good choice because he will have little regard for prior 'Art' and Star Wars needs to be rebooted. The only way this will fail is if the new Star Wars feels too much like his Star Trek, that will surely disappoint!

I believe he will be leaving the Trek franchise after the second one. I do not see him continuing on with the series. As I said in my other post in the other thread this will surely be a 'Committee Film', Disney will have a lot of say as to what goes on and your main worry has to be too many cooks in the kitchen.

I believe he will be leaving the Trek franchise after the second one. I do not see him continuing on with the series.

As I said in my other post in the other thread this will surely be a 'Committee Film', Disney will have a lot of say as to what goes on and your main worry has to be too many cooks in the kitchen.

I read an article on comingsoon.net yesterday that he is not directing the third Star Trek movie and will instead be the producer.

I think Abrams will do a great job. He is an excellent director and Star Wars is in good hands. My problem is with him jumping ship from Star Trek to do Star Wars. Who knows if he would have continued to direct more Star Trek movies if this offer hadn't come up. I am going to get shot for saying this in here but I'm not really a big Star Wars fan so maybe I am not one to comment on this whole topic.

My problem is with him jumping ship from Star Trek to do Star Wars. Who knows if he would have continued to direct more Star Trek movies if this offer hadn't come up. I am going to get shot for saying this in here but I'm not really a big Star Wars fan so maybe I am not one to comment on this whole topic.

Do not feel bad for not liking SW. Everyone has different tastes. Though your comment is why Abrams decided to leave, and why it took him so long to make the decision to take the directors seat. He was not a Trek fan when he decided to do the first one. He was however a huge SW fan, and he was not sure that he could do a SW justice being a big fan as he is of the films.

JJ does Battle Star Galactica and he becomes a nerd saint by default.

I don't remember J.J. Abrams having anything to do with the "Battlestar Galactica" reboot. Of which was absolutely awful in my opinion. Sure the original series was kinda corny like other films & tv shows of the time but that was what made it so good (besides the Cylons). The reboot was just 'frackin' boring. (See what I just did there?)

Looking at his filmography, he does have an impressive resume. I have high hopes but am a little reserved for the next Star Wars movie. One thing I think works to his advantage is he co-created the tv show, "Fringe". As confusing as the show can be, there really is nothing like it. Plus he directed "Mission Impossible III", so big points there.

I don't remember J.J. Abrams having anything to do with the "Battlestar Galactica" reboot. Of which was absolutely awful in my opinion. Sure the original series was kinda corny like other films & tv shows of the time but that was what made it so good (besides the Cylons). The reboot was just 'frackin' boring. (See what I just did there?)

Looking at his filmography, he does have an impressive resume. I have high hopes but am a little reserved for the next Star Wars movie. One thing I think works to his advantage is he co-created the tv show, "Fringe". As confusing as the show can be, there really is nothing like it. Plus he directed "Mission Impossible III", so big points there.

My bad. I should have started my sentence with 'IF" he does Battle Star Galactic...

You are correct as far as i know he has nothing to do with them.

My bad. I should have started my sentence with 'IF" he does Battle Star Galactic...

Eh, it happens. I can't remember how many times I have had to read what I type over & over again to make sure I actually did type it out and not just think I did. Still, might be kinda cool if Abrams did a Battlestar Galactica movie. It would be better than the remake series.

That's just too much sci-fi power. Look what happened when L Ron Hubbard got too much power :)

This part still makes me laugh. I mean, it's the truth!