New member/invester

Hello everyone :)
My name is Theis and i just got into this whole LEGO-investment universe and i have some questions I hope some of you can give me the answer and/or guidelines to,

• Since i'm new and LEGO is a huge deal, does a long-term investment require a whole lot of money for multiple of each Lego-sets, or is it also for those who have 300-400$ for LEGO each month?
  • If you are new to this like I am, which themes/sets are the best ones to grab as soon as possible? Retiring sets?
  • Do you guys recommend me to pick 1-4 LEGO-themes to start with and then eventually expand my collection?
    Maybe such as: Star Wars, Monster Fighters and Creator?
  • Last question: I'm from Denmark, and in this LEGO_investment, does it matter where i buy my Lego? I mean, can different language (Danish vs. English) have an influence on the selling-price?
  • The holidays are over, and soon the advent-calenders will stop being sold right? Is the Lego-calenders (like the 75097) be something one might invest in? :)

I'm from Denmark and my English isn't that good, but I hope that you can understand me.

Greetings :codemafia:

Edited by TBDieckmann

38 minutes ago, TBDieckmann said:
24 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Welcome to the site.  A good place to start would be to look at the themes that do well...

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/cagrbytheme.cfm

Thanks Ed Mack!
I saw that page before and it was why i'm trying to figure out if it's a good idea to start with themes like: Ideas, Star Wars, seasonal and maybe mixels.
I can't collect it all but you have to start somewhere right? :D

50 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

All solid choices. I like the STAR WARS Battle figures. With the new ones coming out, the old ones will be disappearing.

Luke and Obi-Wan are probably going to be the anchors for that set. Either, they will drag down the average value of the other buildable figures in series 1 because no one likes them, or they will be the most sought after later on, because no one has them, and completionists will go back later and have to pay over the average for something that was roundly disliked. For me, I dislike most of the line, but the Grievous that my brother gave me for Christmas is awesome. Just by his sheer presence, he makes the Obi-Wan cooler.