Hi,

Just joined.  Hoping to get some good insight from the community and hoping to get some important lessons learned as I make my first steps.  I'm more of a builder and love building the sets, especially the big sets, such as the Star Wars sets.  Would be good to know how people balance between getting enjoyment out of these sets vs maximizing investments through just buying sets and storing them away until the time is right to sell for a premium. Although it makes sense not to touch a set and sell it mint for maximum profit, but do people see this being a worthwhile sacrifice to having the satisfaction of  building the original millennium falcon set, and then resell it for significantly less than what they would otherwise get?

Also, would be good to get a steer from local UK lego collectors.

Cheers,

Darth!

23 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Hi,

Just joined.  Hoping to get some good insight from the community and hoping to get some important lessons learned as I make my first steps.  I'm more of a builder and love building the sets, especially the big sets, such as the Star Wars sets.  Would be good to know how people balance between getting enjoyment out of these sets vs maximizing investments through just buying sets and storing them away until the time is right to sell for a premium. Although it makes sense not to touch a set and sell it mint for maximum profit, but do people see this being a worthwhile sacrifice to having the satisfaction of  building the original millennium falcon set, and then resell it for significantly less than what they would otherwise get?

Also, would be good to get a steer from local UK lego collectors.

Cheers,

Darth!

Welcome!

You'll find a variety of people around here... some are strictly collectors looking for deals, some are collectors and investors, some only invest. When you go the collecting/investing route there are a variety of us too (I fit in this category).

Some only build from NISB (new in sealed box) and others often buy nice used sets if they'd like the building experience. Personally, I mostly build sets from the box .. I'm a combination of new-only snob and have been burnt on a couple used buys so I don't bother for a few bucks saved.

I also never sell anything that ends up in my personal collection where plenty build, display, move on by selling.

There is no right or wrong. :)