Hi Everyone, introducing

Hi ever one. I new to this site and was referred to it by a friend from Germany. I myself hail from the Chicago Suburbs. 

I am an extreme enthusiast and have collected Lego for years. I only ever realized the online aspect and communities 2 years ago while searching for a convention. I haven't been able to make Brickworld, I think it is called in the past years though.

I have many unopened sets going back to 1977. I myself wasn't created from lego like cells until 1984. I buy a lot of lego, do a lot of customs or MOCs. Speaking of which, viewing others creations is one of my favorite things to do.  

I live within 5 minutes of a Lego Store, a Lego Discovery center, and 30 minutes from the megastore that I have only visited once located Downtown at Water Tower Place Mall. (I love the size of their pick a brick wall). I am also looking forward to visiting the new store in Gurnee.

My favorite Genres are Lego City/Town/Creator, Space Police, Exo Force, Cuusoo aka Lego Ideas, Star Wars, and spicifically the older "Lego System" (Town) underwater sets like the Sealab, the research subs and divers, the boats with shark cages, etc. 

I have browsed these forums quite a bit a really enjoy what I find. I finally decided, "Why not be s part of the community?" 

I am happy to be a new member and hope to get to know you all very well in the future.

Keep building the amazing'!

Daeivl

Edited by daeivl
typos
  • Like 2

Thank you for the welcomes. I have been an amazing enthusiast and it has grown exponentially since I became aware of communities like this and all the other sites dedicated to Lego and MoCs, Custom, Neat building tricks, etc. This is the first forum I have joined and hope to share my work, methods, and take part in a way that will enrich my already very ethusiastic enthusiasm as well as help others and join in on seeing their creations and just the whole gambit!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again all.  And to Deeker, yes, very close to woodfield mall. 

One other note, I literally have no building space until I transfer an old 12x6ft table I have from one house to my primary. So build pics will be a bit away, I have to build a wall in the basement as well. I'm aiming for roughly 200sq. Ft. Table surface in the end, but I will have to get tricky with latches and ways to get to the middle of my city without having to put 2, heck 4 hooks for my fatass, in the ceiling and hovering from above lol. 

And that idea wouldn't work anyway I just realized, I'd need to be on rails so I could disembark my lego swing whilst not over the table! Haha.

One quick question, where would be good to post for sale/trade? Maybe I missed the obvious. 

Once again I appreciate the community welcome.

Sorry for double bump. I read my original post and when listing some my favorite Genres a lot that got left out, however, rather than mention others I will say I have an extreme enthusiasm for large planes and trucks, all planes actually, I will have an enormous airport. I know I don't have all the extra certain windows I'd like to use in my vision in my minds eye but I imagine all terminals will come together well regardless!

8 hours ago, daeivl said:

Thanks again all.  And to Deeker, yes, very close to woodfield mall. 

One other note, I literally have no building space until I transfer an old 12x6ft table I have from one house to my primary. So build pics will be a bit away, I have to build a wall in the basement as well. I'm aiming for roughly 200sq. Ft. Table surface in the end, but I will have to get tricky with latches and ways to get to the middle of my city without having to put 2, heck 4 hooks for my fatass, in the ceiling and hovering from above lol. 

And that idea wouldn't work anyway I just realized, I'd need to be on rails so I could disembark my lego swing whilst not over the table! Haha.

One quick question, where would be good to post for sale/trade? Maybe I missed the obvious. 

Once again I appreciate the community welcome.

There's a trade thread here in the forums - just search "trade" in the search box.  

Sales would go on Brick Classifieds.  As the site survives from affiliate money, any advertisements for sales and listings are removed by the mods.

Welcome to the site - look forward to seeing your Mocs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much. I will note my e,tree joy in sharing that as I drove up to my house this morning I saw that my Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ had arrived and was on my front step and not stolen.

I've been a wreck. I have been provided a nice hotel for the next month or two because a suspected electrical fire but unknown full cause but some sort of electrical event derived from the outlet, surge protector, or craftmatic bed resulted in a house fire within my house. 

I am awaiting 4 more orders, nothing has ever been stolen before even when I don't get s delivery notice when delivered even while at home. The worst was no knock for notice which ended up allowing my set's box to get rain damage in the past. But most importantly no one was hurt. 

I am do very grateful no one was hurt. Though I must say I am stressed immensely of course. Luckily I have been preparing the space I mentioned before to relocate all my built lego and bins, containers, and unopened boxes. I am lucky because in preparation for building the walls, tables, terrain, etc. I prepared my legos for the move months ago by covering them with numerous plastic and covered containers. Also all unopened sets are in shipping boxxes or large clear plastic salable boxes/bins that also luckily my Aunt had a surplus of, for years, from back when she moved back to the Chicagoland area and had to live with her mother, my grandmother and due to lack of space she needed to have all her belongings in a storage unit and bought clear boxes because she needed to access her things while she awaited the purchase of her new home.

So all in all people, pets, and legos safe. I hate having my legems os in my house while people will be in my house for up to two months. I did tell them that the room in which all lego is in, as well as other keep sakes and sentimental items are. I still set an old simple CIA technique type that I will be able to tell if they even open the door. Though it drives me so much I think I am going to go sink some screws into the door an install some padlocks or keyed bolt locks... I mean, we know lego is expensive but it is also amongst my most treasured items. I wish my laptop had not been damaged otherwise I could setup a 24hr Web video feed and Record 24 hours a day. I might go buy a camera and use the desktop to make me sleep easier. I know I'm neurotic but it's worth it.

Aside from that I now have at least 2 month delay, fump!

Lots of time to dream of my city layout and MOCs.

Take care all and thanks again for the sales information. I understand their need to disallow selling. Not to mention all the bs surrounding it and shady buyers and sellerd. Just keep the forums focused and avoid bullpoo.

-Ryan