Buying from other Amazon Stores

onevett

This may be a stupid question but it was difficult to search for...

I'm in the UK so generally look for any offers in Pounds Sterling (£), however seeing an offer for a set in Euros (€) on the French Amazon Store i thought i would have a look.

In the UK there is a 21% discount bringing the set to approx. £87, in France the set is discounted by 33% to approx. €80 which is approx. £57 with the exchange rate...

My obvious problem is that i don't speak French, however, if i can overcome the language barrier i have a few of questions...

1. Are Boxes and Instructions Universal? or are there language differences?
  2. Is it likely that Amazon FR would Ship to the UK when we have a perfectly good Amazon UK site
  3. Am i likely to have to pay extortionate shipping fees making the discount negligible

Thanks for any help given, i am happy to be directed to a similar question if one exists, sorry if this has been discussed elseware...

EU boxes and manuals are universal

Amazon EU sites (france, germany, italy, spain all ship to UK)

Shipping is reasonable, you can go all way through checkout before buying to see prices in Eur/GBP.

Use a browser that converts site back into English like Google Chrome

• Like 1

They are effectively different companies and more so these days due to recent EU taxation laws for online sales. Also, they base their prices on RRP´s which vary country to country (Germany is always cheaper) and price match major local stores which is good for foreign buyers.

I've just tried to make a purchase from Amazon FR to the UK. It's telling me it cant ship the following items to countries in the EU. Any ideas, I'm stumped?

Watches & Jewellery, Office Supplies, Beauty ***, Kitchen & Home, Housing and Pet, Photo, Audio & ** & PA Musical Instruments, Toys, Health & Body Care ***, Shoes, Clothing Accessories, Sports & Leisure ***, Garden, Baby & Nursery, Infants and Apparel Automotive shop

Thanks

20 hours ago, doon73 said:

I've just tried to make a purchase from Amazon FR to the UK. It's telling me it cant ship the following items to countries in the EU. Any ideas, I'm stumped?

Watches & Jewellery, Office Supplies, Beauty ***, Kitchen & Home, Housing and Pet, Photo, Audio & ** & PA Musical Instruments, Toys, Health & Body Care ***, Shoes, Clothing Accessories, Sports & Leisure ***, Garden, Baby & Nursery, Infants and Apparel Automotive shop

Thanks

It was an Imperial Hotel

Edited by doon73
Update

30 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Found it. I had to login to My Amazon profile  main page  Then saw a "In English - Beta" link under the main search text box (center top of the screen).  Note: I'm using Safari on an iPad. 

No such option for me and I too am using safari on iPad :boredom:

edit: it doesn't matter though,. I found the page by googling Amazon.de English beta :victory:

Edited by Pjking