Lego VIP shopping event 2015

I actually got lucky enough to get an invite in the mail yesterday.  First one I've gotten!  Anyone else get one?  I don't know how I got one.  I definitely don't spend as much as a lot of people that go there, but I've filled out everyone of those store surveys.  What do they give out at the event and are any of the sales at the event any good?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, randrace said:

Congratulations! I'm jealous. :) I also want to know what these events are like.

I went 2 years ago.  It felt like about 200 people bumping to each other in a store too small for all of us, followed by 200 people waiting in line to pay.  There were some discounted sets, but you had to beat some guy and his gf who cleaned up most of the good stuffs.  Oh I got a scratch off with coupons for a small discounts too.

• Like 1

so best to get there before the 8am start time. good.  It was funny because the envelope had my last name wrong and the store I got the invite for was in the mall of America in   Minneapolis, Minnesota and I'm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  It would be like a 6 hour drive there.  I called my local store and I was on their list.  So it seems like they may have a bunch of info messed up on these invites.

so best to get there before the 8am start time. good.  It was funny because the envelope had my last name wrong and the store I got the invite for was in the mall of America in   Minneapolis, Minnesota and I'm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  It would be like a 6 hour drive there.  I called my local store and I was on their list.  So it seems like they may have a bunch of info messed up on these invites.

My last name was wrong also.

I think this thing is a set up. One transaction per person with a spending limit of 5K for personal use only. I'm sorry but anyone spending 5K isn't buying for personal use only.

I also think it's pretty lame. They're not really offering very much, in my opinion...

• 2 weeks later...

So I went Saturday and it was a bust.  I was first in line.  Wanted to get both of the small winter sets and they only had santa's visit. They had about 40 boxes of the Halloween set still though.  How do you not have both winter sets for the vip event?  No walle either!  Wtf!  No free swag, no scratch offs for discounts or free items.  There was only 5 sets that were on sale that no one was buying.  It was basically that you got to shop an hour before the store normally opens.  Well at the 10am normal open time the place was empty.  Might as well not have a vip event if this is all it was, could have just had it start when the store normally opens.  I read and seen pictures of years past there was was scratch offs for prizes and discounts and bags of swag, this year nothing.  Also, heads up, the calendars you get for spending $75 are wrong.  They had to hand out a corrected page. Unbelievable! Lego can't get anything right lately.  Walle, the chess set, their calendars, and the vip event.  It's suppose to be for their best customers and they make a big deal of it, then you get there and it's just a normal shopping experience.  

9 minutes ago, crush165490 said:

So I went Saturday and it was a bust.  I was first in line.  Wanted to get both of the small winter sets and they only had santa's visit. They had about 40 boxes of the Halloween set still though.  How do you not have both winter sets for the vip event?  No walle either!  Wtf!  No free swag, no scratch offs for discounts or free items.  There was only 5 sets that were on sale that no one was buying.  It was basically that you got to shop an hour before the store normally opens.  Well at the 10am normal open time the place was empty.  Might as well not have a vip event if this is all it was, could have just had it start when the store normally opens.  I read and seen pictures of years past there was was scratch offs for prizes and discounts and bags of swag, this year nothing.  Also, heads up, the calendars you get for spending $75 are wrong.  They had to hand out a corrected page. Unbelievable! Lego can't get anything right lately.  Walle, the chess set, their calendars, and the vip event.  It's suppose to be for their best customers and they make a big deal of it, then you get there and it's just a normal shopping experience.  

You should've got the Halloween set though, IMO...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2015, 11:50:02, randrace said:

Congratulations! I'm jealous. :) I also want to know what these events are like.

Every year they get worse.  This was my third and there were really no freebies other than after spending 100.  3 years ago the kids got pick a brick boxes, free keychains, etc.  Lego isn't forced to give anything away these days, everything they make sells out.

13 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Every year they get worse.  This was my third and there were really no freebies other than after spending 100.  3 years ago the kids got pick a brick boxes, free keychains, etc.  Lego isn't forced to give anything away these days, everything they make sells out.

I wish they still gave away the fillable brick boxes, rather than the calendars.

• Like 1