Minifigures Blind Packs - Good Investment?

hollywdbri

Hi, Are Lego Minifigures Blind Packs a good investment? I don't see many Minifigure sealed boxes on eBay, and the ones I do see, the value hasn't risen much. The exception is Series 1, where sealed boxes are about $400. Series 2-8 seem to go for around $170-200. Is it worth getting some older sets and waiting another 3-5 years? -HWB

I think it's an ok investment, but really depends on how much the market gets flooded with them. I bought so many of the series 1 and 2 minifigs that I really decided to slow down after that. Now, I'm just trying to fill in the series I need by just getting a complete set of each series (from series 4-7). I am glad I bought alot of the series 1 though, with the prices steadily increasing. But like I said, they have produced alot more since series 1....

It's good if you can get it for a cheap price, then its worth it. I've seen more and more people sell them in singles and match up the same type of characters. IE: Sell skaters from the different series. That seems to bring in a little more than selling them individually. Also, if you have toy shows/conventions, lots of people sell their Lego's between 5-10 bucks. Many willing buyers will them at that price because they just want to complete their set.