From Russia With Lego

Hello there!

I have been the fan of Lego from early childhood, when I built huge towers with 2x4 bricks.

Three weeks ago I made my first purchase of Lego for investment purposes after talk with a shop assistant. This idea was initially brought to me by a friend around 3 years ago and kindly fostered after that, but the action took place only now.

First purchase consisted of the palace cinema (worn out box, but "the set is rare and will dissapear soon") and the tumbler ("great potential, since it is batman"). The next day I found brickpicker - the tumbler was returned, PC was not increased in volume.

I started reading the forum more and more and resulted in buying several R2-D2, ToO and AA. I have one PC, but assume the set is "over-hoarded", as you say here. I'm looking forward to investing more, one of considerable targets is 1-2 DS, which production is said to be closed down by the end of year.

The question is - what should I do to post immediately without approval of moderator?

Regards,

Denis

• Like 1

Buonasera, Ciglione!

I managed to find several R2D2 sold in the regional cities of Russia, including Siberia. Searched through my network and asked mates to buy them for me. 

There is a lot of DS (though the price is not attractive now), few R5, many ToO, AA, MSC, etc. Unfortunately, the whole Ideas theme is not available officially here.

To be honest, I don't know the number of brickpickers. The colleagues, I shared my idea with, do not trust the idea, though we are working in investment business (mostly commercial real estate). I can only guess that last winter ruble's devalvation made Lego exports to USA very profitable for Russian lego-investors (how do you call us / them?), but the effect was later evened by the retail price indexation.

P.S. While I was an passive reader for the last two weeks, it has always been nice to go through your long posts regarding sets behavior.

• Like 1

How about The Red Bricktober's?

Denis, are you planning on selling just within Russia or to outside markets as well?  My wife is Russian and we just had a baby and her mother, who still lives in Russia, is not able to send anything to us due to current policies about mail to the US (at least that is my understanding).

Pretty interesting to learn about this.  I like reading about what is available, the interest and issue people face with LEGO in different parts of the world.

Yeah, as I see the situation differs pretty much. We got this national lag regarding sets availability. 

Off-topic (though there is not particular subject): will your book be available in digital (especially.pdf) format? I do not have kindle.

How about Sputnik-Brickers? 

The real Red-5?

Brickle & Hammer?

The first and the last one do not ring the bell for me, can you specify item#? 

Yeah, at least 2 Red-5 are available 3.5K km away from Moscow. The price is $200, but I am not sure if I should buy it, since I caught a glimpse of frustration regarding R5's slow growth after retirement.

Yeah, as I see the situation differs pretty much. We got this national lag regarding sets availability. 

Off-topic (though there is not particular subject): will your book be available in digital (especially.pdf) format? I do not have kindle.

The first and the last one do not ring the bell for me, can you specify item#? 

Yeah, at least 2 Red-5 are available 3.5K km away from Moscow. The price is $200, but I am not sure if I should buy it, since I caught a glimpse of frustration regarding R5's slow growth after retirement.

I apologize for the confusion. i was referring to your question about "what should we call a Russian Brick-Picker?"

I was attempting some play-on-words with common Russian themes from pop culture, and combining them with Lego related words.

It's a thing we often do in America to attempt to be humorous.

Also, if you have to explain it,,,,,,,it's not funny. So thanks for showing me that :)

Welcome to the site, and I hope you get the opportunity to make some good profits on your sets!

Welcome to the site, Denigio. Nice James Bond pun in the title there.

Thanks ;)

I apologize for the confusion. i was referring to your question about "what should we call a Russian Brick-Picker?"

I was attempting some play-on-words with common Russian themes from pop culture, and combining them with Lego related words.

It's a thing we often do in America to attempt to be humorous.

Also, if you have to explain it,,,,,,,it's not funny. So thanks for showing me that :)

Welcome to the site, and I hope you get the opportunity to make some good profits on your sets!

Haha, my mistake, actually I was referring to all investors in lego, regardless of origin. Now I get the joke :)

добро пожаловать на сайт.   чем сможем поможем...

P.S. You can buy it (book) digital bootlegged version even before actual release in November on black market, no worries...

Nice phrase you got here, чем сможем поможем... Thanks.

How about The Red Bricktober's?

Denis, are you planning on selling just within Russia or to outside markets as well?  My wife is Russian and we just had a baby and her mother, who still lives in Russia, is not able to send anything to us due to current policies about mail to the US (at least that is my understanding).

=) Initially I looked for the USA as a main market, though I never had an experience of sending any parcels abroad. If Russian customers are willing to purchase the set for comprable price with the USA market ($ price converted to rubles minus shipping costs), then I will sell iton local market. The choice will be made financially, not emotionally. 

Have no idea about these policies, suppose there is a way to send stuff anyway. At least I hope.