Top 5 Star Wars sets.

Darth Lego

What Star Wars sets that are probably close to retiring do you think will do well on the secondary market?

Nothing even remotely new seems like a good investment. I have only one set from the Star Wars theme that I think is worth the investment (10123), and that's years old.

UCS sets always seem to be a sure thing. Not sure what my top list would be at the moment.

But here is one I do not think will ever do well.

Naboo Starfighter (7877) - Target Exclusive

The original price point of $50 for barely above 300 parts killed this set.

That and it seems there are not too many people that like this spaceship in the first place.

I was very lucky to get my only one for half off.

I thought we were talking about standard sets as well. Sorry for bringing up the UCS sets... Didn't really mean to get off topic. Don't worry bout it. It's your article anyway. If you are looking for a good investment though, buy battle packs. Just think every little kid, and Lego trader that buys one are of course gonna open it. So if I were you, I'd buy about 3 Republic Trooper battle packs, and 3 Elite Clone Trooper battle packs.<== this one is going to EOL soon. Don't open 'em and let them rise up and up.

I thought we were talking about standard sets as well. Sorry for bringing up the UCS sets... Didn't really mean to get off topic. Don't worry bout it. It's your article anyway. If you are looking for a good investment though, buy battle packs. Just think every little kid, and Lego trader that buys one are of course gonna open it. So if I were you, I'd buy about 3 Republic Trooper battle packs, and 3 Elite Clone Trooper battle packs.<== this one is going to EOL soon. Don't open 'em and let them rise up and up. I agree with you on the battle packs, but the 9496 Desert Skiff is 28% off on Amazon and Target.com Is it a good one to invest in since it's on sale?