Indiana Jones: 7199 Temple of Doom - I received lots of extra pieces

exciter1

Question

I just recently purchased an Indiana Jones: 7199 Temple of Doom - I received lots of extra pieces.

The auction picture looked like this and said there might be a few pieces missing.  It was only missing a few, as described and I bought it for $100 after sending him an offer when the original listing ended.  Bear with me, this might be lengthy.

$_57.JPG

Assembled

P1130184.thumb.JPG.0dfeb3a667d0c321f3b09

I completed the build and I have a few pieces queued up on Bricklink, but I was only missing 5 pieces or so, mainly weapons.  Here are the additional pieces.  Do you have any ideas to what sets these pieces might go?  I know some may go to a 2nd Temple of Doom or an Escape from the Temple, but there's some purple pieces in there too.  As you can see, there's some nice extra pieces.  I wonder if I should be attempting to build something else with these?  Any help would be appreciated.

P1130186.thumb.JPG.5a099422a7aa5baecac07

The chains could be Mega Blok.

P1130187.thumb.JPG.7fb95da353140f4534241

P1130190.thumb.JPG.d88ddf2680e22eeca6cb6

P1130191.thumb.JPG.beeff3ce3c5759274a4a2

And some Mega Blok and possibly something else?  I haven't tossed them yet.

P1130192.thumb.JPG.0d5774f3ffc91de40713f

9 answers to this question

Being as I am currently finishing off a copy of every Indiana Jones set with Bricklink, I can tell you with certainty there are a few pieces that go to more than one other IJ set but not nearly enough to "finish" anything. 

As for the purple and other random actual Lego, my guess is a pick-a-brick cup got dumped in the box!

• Like 1