Modular Pet Shop or Starwars Ewok Village?

My local LEGO store had a 'Retiring Soon' sign in front of their Ewok Village sets (see the Ewok Village thread) and they were gone in about a week. Pet Shop being close to retirement is still speculative, but based on it having been out for so long.  Modulars are popular around Christmas, though. If the plans were to retire it soon, maybe it would not reappear on shelves after the holidays.

BTW, where are you and what currency are you dealing with? If US dollars, that Ewok Village price is inflated 20% over MSRP, but that Pet Shop price is outrageous for a $149 set.  I'd sell you one of mine for that price.

• Like 1

My local LEGO store had a 'Retiring Soon' sign in front of their Ewok Village sets (see the Ewok Village thread) and they were gone in about a week. Pet Shop being close to retirement is still speculative, but based on it having been out for so long.  Modulars are popular around Christmas, though. If the plans were to retire it soon, maybe it would not reappear on shelves after the holidays.

BTW, where are you and what currency are you dealing with? If US dollars, that Ewok Village price is inflated 20% over MSRP, but that Pet Shop price is outrageous for a $149 set.  I'd sell you one of mine for that price.

Yeah, I am located in Australia... The land of onion wired internet and crazy Lego prices :(

Those look like Australian prices. $269.99 is the Pet Shop LEGO Shop at Home price

Ewok Village likely on layby at Target from a 20% off sale 

I got the Ewok Village on that layby discount thing as well as the UCS Tie Fighter.

if the modular retirement record continues, other than the anomaly (TH), probably EV (2013 set) will retire first. though with SW craze its anyones guess if PS stock runs dry this xmas season. PS should be the next modular to retire though and a few months overdue if you ask me. 

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 1