Lego Trading. It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

I have been collecting Legos for almost eight years now, and about one and a half years ago I went to a basketball practice, and saw there little kids trading their minifigs amongst themselves. The next practice my friend took his minifigs, and severely ripped off the poor little kids and their Legos. (Guess it pays off reading brick link religiously.) So the practice after that I decided to bring some of my figures to trade..... it was the start of something huge!! My brothers, friends, and everybody I knew that had Legos started trading, and I became one of the best, not to toot my own horn. (Just stating a fact) Right now in our trading group of around fifteen nerds we are all trying to outdo each other with the best tacklebox, which we use to store the Legos. (How nerdy is that!?!) This makes for one of the best hobbies ever, and I just wanted to know if there are any other Lego traders out there? If you have never traded minifigs before..... DO IT!! You won't regret it. Like the title says, Lego trading it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. The picture on here is my trading tacklebox. The contents in that box are worth about $300!! (Mixed pricing)

I have been collecting Legos for almost eight years now, and about one and a half years ago I went to a basketball practice, and saw there little kids trading their minifigs amongst themselves. The next practice my friend took his minifigs, and severely ripped off the poor little kids and their Legos. (Guess it pays off reading brick link religiously.) So the practice after that I decided to bring some of my figures to trade..... it was the start of something huge!! My brothers, friends, and everybody I knew that had Legos started trading, and I became one of the best, not to toot my own horn. (Just stating a fact) Right now in our trading group of around fifteen nerds we are all trying to outdo each other with the best tacklebox, which we use to store the Legos. (How nerdy is that!?!) This makes for one of the best hobbies ever, and I just wanted to know if there are any other Lego traders out there? If you have never traded minifigs before I strongly urge you to try it!! Like the title says, Lego trading it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

The picture on here is my trading tacklebox. The contents in that box are worth about $300!! (Mixed pricing)

Nice! that is a very cool way to store lego loose minifigs! Your collection does look pretty sweet (w/3 Asoka Tanos and 2 Gen. Greviouses, and a Shaak Ti)

Its a nice idea. I might try it. Alot of times, I just display them on my desk.....

Nice! that is a very cool way to store lego loose minifigs! Your collection does look pretty sweet (w/3 Asoka Tanos and 2 Gen. Greviouses, and a Shaak Ti)

Its a nice idea. I might try it. Alot of times, I just display them on my desk.....

The great thing about trading is that in a week from now I could have up to 4 Grievous's!! (That is if I can get my friend to budge on prices)

Look at what I got for just a Loki..... one of my greatest trades. I got him with my Jabba Sail Barge. (: ...... and I got him for peanuts...... Anybody starting to see the sense in Lego trading now? Yeh, Lego trading will work in concept. Though from what I know, there's no kids in my town nor adults to trade with (Believe me, I'll find a way to swindle those guys). I'm actually going to take a walk today. Get some exercise, ask around to see if anyone has any legos. It's the best way to get info. Since the only source of internet they use is Facebook.......

Look at what I got for just a Loki..... one of my greatest trades. Awww, how cool. I would of given the 3 yr old a cool construction worker. Actually he was an older kid who was abandoning StarWars for ninjago, and I guess he thought Loki would go well with his ninjas. I don't really care that much though, it's not everyday you get to trade some new figure that everybody has for such an irreplaceable relic like Jabba.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't think ripping off kids is something any of should strive for or be proud of. Why even waste time with the tackle box? Just find kids, punch them in the face and take their lunch money the old school way.

I'm not interested in their lunch or their money....... I want their Legos!!!! Besides I mostly trade with nerdy teenagers like me anyway.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't think ripping off kids is something any of should strive for or be proud of. Why even waste time with the tackle box? Just find kids, punch them in the face and take their lunch money the old school way.

I agree, this whole thread is pathetic. You should be ashamed by your actions. Sometimes I wish there were Lego forums made specifically for afols.

I agree, this whole thread is pathetic. You should be ashamed by your actions. Sometimes I wish there were Lego forums made specifically for afols.

As I stated before I trade almost always with teenagers, and when I do trade with younger people I try to help them out, like I do my youngest brother. If you think not because of the other posts, that's called sarcasm.

An adult man who spends all his money on plastic has the right to call my thread "pathetic".

Hey yalls, lets be nice.

We all got our own opinions about this, but no need to get too personal!

In my opinion it is cool, if you don't think so, you can voice your opinion, but don't kill the poor kid with your words!

OK OK that is enough.......let's keep the posts civil or this thread will be closed.

Sorry I did not mean for this to get so heated..... You have my apologies...... On another note does anyone have or know someone who has a toy fair exclusive Iron Man or Captain America? I would give my whole minifig collection for one of them. (If their even worth as much)

As I stated before I trade almost always with teenagers, and when I do trade with younger people I try to help them out, like I do my youngest brother. If you think not because of the other posts, that's called sarcasm.

It's not about the age of the person, though you are right, if they were young kids it would make it worse.

It sounds like a fun hobby to trade minifigs. Just try to make sure the trades are fair for both parties. Don't be proud that you ripped someone off.

Maybe next time someone offers you a out of production Jabba fig for a Loki fig that you can easily get in a 20$ set you could say:

" that isn't a fair trade. Why don't I throw in these 2 stormtroopers along with the Loki to make the trade more even"

Or if you were the one proposing the trade make sure you are offering a trade that is equal. That is the mature thing to do.

You might even find that your friends might be more willing to offer you better deals in the future if you didn't take advantage of them in the present. It might work out better for you in the long run, and it's just the right thing to do.

Have fun trading, I didn't mean to come off to harsh in the earlier post.

It's not about the age of the person, though you are right, if they were young kids it would make it worse.

It sounds like a fun hobby to trade minifigs. Just try to make sure the trades are fair for both parties. Don't be proud that you ripped someone off.

Maybe next time someone offers you a out of production Jabba fig for a Loki fig that you can easily get in a 20$ set you could say:

" that isn't a fair trade. Why don't I throw in these 2 stormtroopers along with the Loki to make the trade more even"

Or if you were the one proposing the trade make sure you are offering a trade that is equal. That is the mature thing to do.

You might even find that your friends might be more willing to offer you better deals in the future if you didn't take advantage of them in the present. It might work out better for you in the long run, and it's just the right thing to do.

Have fun trading, I didn't mean to come off to harsh in the earlier post.

That's okay, sorry bout my hasty post. Who am I kidding everybody here is obsessed with Legos, and like you said all age groups are into them. Seriously though, you should see all the teens gathering around each others tackle boxes. And about the Jabba, it had chew marks on its tail, so he didn't really get "ripped off" as much as I made it out to sound.