Belated introductions are the new black or something

So... I never posted in here. As I ended up typing up the story of my bouncing in and out of my dark ages, might as well post here, many months late. 

Hello! I like Lego sets. I like buying Lego sets. And I REALLY like it when I buy Lego sets that then allow me to make money to buy MORE Lego sets!

Reposting from whatever thread I posted this in:

From probably age 16 through my military service and 2nd or 3rd year of university I had my first Dark Ages - more than a decade ... I got the 8448 Supercar then sold it a few years later. Many years later bought a Blacktron Battrax as it was one of my favourite sets as a child back in the day. Some years after that, bought and assembled from parts a Marlboro-liveried Lancia Stratos from some instructions I found and everything else was on pause from what I remember until I ended up getting "Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!", the Unimog, the new Racers and opened the floodgates again... So maybe 3 Dark Ages.

In some ways The Lego Movie (and Benny) brought me back in 100%.

I don't think I would be particularly unique, a completely Lego-obsessed child that has a few false starts before returning. Future AFOLs, I am sure, may come out lusting for what they once had (like me and the 6941 Battrax).

Anyway, I have always liked as a hobby hunting for deals and things I could resell so this Lego buy/keep/sell thingie works brilliantly.

• Like 1

So, like, welcome to the site, or something....you know, whatever. :drag:

Does it feel a bit like a lost "A Bit of Fry & Laurie" sketch where I came in to your home through the back door, put the kettle on, opened all the cupboards for some Pims or Jaffa cakes then remembered to come to the front door to say hello?

Heheheheheh, "back door".

• Like 2

Thank you! Does it feel a bit like a lost "A Bit of Fry & Laurie" sketch where I came in to your home through the back door, put the kettle on, opened all the cupboards for some Pims or Jaffa cakes then remembered to come to the front door to say hello?

I think ToK is referring to my usage of :ass:today!

Anyways, welcome and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about for Pims and Jaffa cakes but am afraid to google it!

• Like 1