Package adhesive suggestions

Hey everyone,

I've recently purchased a 10188 Death Star from Amazon, but the bubble wrap around the box has an adhesive strip exposed to the box and started to pull some of it away as I was (slowly) trying to unpackage it. Anyone have any suggestions on its removal, or should I return it? I had purchased it with the intent to keep it MIB. 

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I've recently purchased a 10188 Death Star from Amazon, but the bubble wrap around the box has an adhesive strip exposed to the box and started to pull some of it away as I was (slowly) trying to unpackage it. Anyone have any suggestions on its removal, or should I return it? I had purchased it with the intent to keep it MIB. 

Thanks!

hair dryer will do the trick 

Thanks for the suggestion, any thoughts on keeping it or not? As mentioned it had already started to pull away, so theres at least one small area where it had already started to separate (but I stopped rather than tearing it away, so its still connected.)

I've had some success re-attaching the lifted surface of boxes from similar sticky situations, by taking a diluted solution of water & Elmer's white glue (basically mostly a real runny almost entirely water mix)  just a very small amount will dampen the cardboard subsurface but is enough to adhear the pulled-away portion of the surface layer without leaving ripples behind as it dries, just squeeze the excess out from the attached side outward to flatten the feathered edges & mop up any overflow, leave a flat weight on it overnight & it should be pretty good to go.   over-all small imperfections aren't really such a big deal to most buyers (but it's always best to mention it when selling just in-case you find the picky buyer)

That was actually my plan, and while the heat gun idea worked great the package must have been tearing in shipping or something because it was still tearing off 50 cent sized pieces regardless of how easily, slowly, or directionally the adhesive tape was pulling off. It was just too far gone given the price of the set for me to accept, so I ended up contacting Amazon and they refunded the difference between prices of a third party for a replacement in addition to the return of the damaged item. Without the tax for the 3rd party and shipping refund it's like 10% off msrp so it all worked out. 

On the topic of imperfections, any suggestions on creases? I ordered one of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets from Target, which came with a crease or fold on one side. I figured that stuff happens and just stuck it on the shelf, but what kind of stuff is normal/acceptable or unacceptable?