What would you pay?

kutaone

Let's assume below is all the info you get...Let's assume it is all true...(Of course I would get to see everything and it's from an acquaintance so I know there is no shady business.) All used but recently cleaned... 50 lbs of mixed lego bricks and parts...star wars...city...Potter etc... 1% mega box and kre-o mixed in. PLUS 20 - 99% (some 100%) complete Star Wars Lego sets with manuals (Sets unknown but let's assume they are on the smaller end.) 60 mini figs.. mostly star wars I would want to keep about 20lbs to give to my nephew but would like to sell the rest... I am not even sure where to start on the offer. I figured by the lb would be the way to go. 4 bucks a pound? I don't know... I certainly don't want to rip them off but I want to make $$ too. (I don't mean to be greedy... this is an investing website and not all investing is buy and hold.) I've bought and sold tons of new sets but this is foreign to me. But I would like to start and i figure with a friendly person is a great place to start. Thanks in advance-

Let's assume below is all the info you get...Let's assume it is all true...(Of course I would get to see everything and it's from an acquaintance so I know there is no shady business.)

All used but recently cleaned...

50 lbs of mixed lego blocks and parts...star wars...city...Potter etc... 1% mega box and kre-o mixed in.

PLUS

20 - 99% (some 100%) complete Star Wars Lego sets with manuals (Sets unknown but let's assume they are on the smaller end.)

60 mini figs.. mostly star wars

I would want to keep about 20lbs to give to my nephew but would like to sell the rest...

I am not even sure where to start on the offer. I figured by the lb would be the way to go.

4 bucks a pound? I don't know... I certainly don't want to rip them off but I want to make $$ too. (I don't mean to be greedy... this is an investing website and not all investing is buy and hold.)

I've bought hundreds of new sets but this is foreign to me. But I would like to start and i figure with a friendly person is a great place to start.

Thanks in advance-

The mixed blocks should be easy enough to calculate by the pound. The minifigs & set values would vary greatly depending on who & what they are. I have purchased just about everything at one time or another, so anything of particular value jumps out at me - do you have a photo (you could send it to me or post it).

Bulk sales of Legos on ebay go for usually $6 (nothing special) to $10 (technic) per pound and you can usually buy minifigures for from 50 cents each (nothing special like community workers) to $6 each (ninjago). I'm not including specialty minifigures which can have crazy prices. Since they don't have to list this on ebay or pay seller fees I would offer less.

I'd pay 150$..3 bucks a lb. The non lego hurts it a bit. No one wants to have to fish out the megabloks and kreo (and knowing how unsorted bulk bricks often are, whatever else if floating around in there) If you took the time and pieced together some of the sets you have the directions for I'm sure you could make more of a profit...but then that is time consuming. It depends on what your time is worth to you.

I'm thinking I am going to pass. They are looking on ebay at prices and they are going through and cherry picking the most expensive prices... then taking like 15% off... ....we aren't even in the same ball park. Thanks for all your feedback...I really appreciate it.

That just boils my blood when someone tries pulling crap like that. Sorry to hear that man. I just can't stomach when potential profit flies away like that...

"Here, I'm going to take this high quality T-Bone Steak, and these mashed potatoes. But don't worry, you can have the peas and broccoli!"

That just boils my blood when someone tries pulling crap like that. Sorry to hear that man. I just can't stomach when potential profit flies away like that...

"Here, I'm going to take this high quality T-Bone Steak, and these mashed potatoes. But don't worry, you can have the peas and broccoli!"

Well said...