10181 - Eiffel Tower

Danny

I scored this set for $550 from a local seller in my area. Manuals, Box, all pieces. I thought it was a good deal and its one of the very few sets I really kick myself for not buying at regular prices several years ago. Well I started building it.... 6 Hours later and I was addicted. This set is unbelievable! I am currently on Book 3. It's massive and probably one of the more difficult builds due to it being fragile as you go up and inward. This will become one of my favorites and will look great next to my 3450 Statue of Liberty. It is definitely inspiring me to keep my Taj Mahal, crack it open and start building it, something I have been hesitant to do because of its value sealed. But I am keeping it now. First though....Tower Bridge which will look great next to the Eiffel Tower! Already opened it and started studying the manuals. Can't Wait. Anyone else splurge on this set after EOL only to be super happy you finally got it and built it? This one is worth it to me. I also think at the current cost of LEGO these days, This set would be retailing for $300-$400. Making it not that much of a stretch to get it for $500-$600 for any of you on the fence.

Great set. Difficult build with all the dark gray pieces. Build away. People should enjoy the sets as well as collect them to resell later. I have a sealed Taj Mahal and don't know if I want to open it myself. I have about 50 other sets to build though, so I guess I have time to think about it.

The LEGO lover in you needs to keep all the sets you only have 1 of. I could see selling a sealed and then buying a used. But frankly the collector in us all wants a perfect copy anyway...Make your money elsewhere, keep the Taj Mahal. Besides its the largest piece count set, got to own that.

The LEGO lover in you needs to keep all the sets you only have 1 of. I could see selling a sealed and then buying a used. But frankly the collector in us all wants a perfect copy anyway...Make your money elsewhere, keep the Taj Mahal. Besides its the largest piece count set, got to own that.

Most of my big sets, I try to have a new and used(at least STAR WARS UCS sets). It's a cash flow issue...LOL

The Eiffel tower is amazing and frustrating. It is so delicate until you complete the legs, and even then it can just crumble on you. Two friends and I caught them on sale at the Lego store in Oklahoma when they were marked down to $150, and each of us bought one. Absolutely no regrets opening and building it. Completely worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi guys,

I need some advice from the experts here, im able to buy the 10181 mit and sealed in he box for 1400€ or 1868 $, maybe a little less.
Is it worth the investment in your oppinion? or am i overpaying??

grtz a noob in the collecting bussines ;)

Do you want to build it? Go for it. Do you want to buy it for investment purposes? Leave it and seek other, more profitable sets. This set has had it's bbb bbbb bbbbboom already. Other sets will give you better ROI.

• 2 years later...