40122 - Trick or Treat

I am Niko

12 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

Buy during double.VIP (could do online shortly, but widely available in store)  makes every 10th one free or 10% off driving cost down to $9 each.

Sell train promo for $25 locally (no fees, I've sold 3 already), drives cost down to around $6.50 each, we can round up to $7 for tax.

Easy as pie to sell amazon for $20 W a $5 shipping credit. Buy box was in the $30-$35 range. Amazon takes about $4.5 in fees, but in cost less than $3 to ship firsr class package. Easy to net in the $18 range for a $7 buy in, even if you whack $4 off thay you are doubling up.

There are plenty of steps.there that fall into YMMV, but these are the little tweaks that I was making a couple of bucks a sale last year to doubling up this year

I sold around 25 this way and made $200+.

I use the $0.50 6x6 boxes from WM and a label writer, super easy and quick to ship

Thanks for sharing. I don't account for promos as a discount, but as pure profit. It all comes out the same on the balance sheet at the end of the year. Even without all the YMMV, if you timed it right, ToT was a good 50% profit without much effort at all (in the range of $5-7 bucks profit on $10-11 buy in) with virtually no wait.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, MarxMarvelous said:

So creative accounting. I don't take vip points and promos off the front end. Those points haven't saved me anything until I spend them and that train is not worth anything until I sell it

Nothing creative, I sold my trains, and have money in my pockets 

50% ROI without accouting, 100%+ with

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, ravenb99 said:

Guess what's back with all new 2016 seals...

NEW

Trick or Treat

Item: 40122

Ages:7+

VIP Points: 0

Pieces:133

Retired product

Can't tell if you're serious or making fun of a technical issue where LEGO may have added a NEW tag to the set... Did you actually find 2016 seals in the wild?

17 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

Can't tell if you're serious or making fun of a technical issue where LEGO may have added a NEW tag to the set... Did you actually find 2016 seals in the wild?

I would bet anything he's not joking. This isn't a new phenomenon.

Edited by dcdfan

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw 6 of these today at my TRU and they have week stamp of 25R6. Guess this set is no longer "retired." Now I am worry the Thanksgiving and the two Christmas set from 2015 will resurface in the coming months. Lego is on a war with resellers :growl:

5763DD97-9ED1-4DC5-92ED-F1F292A5DBC6_zps

Edited by tacsniper

8 hours ago, tacsniper said:

I just saw 6 of these today at my TRU and they have week stamp of 25R6. Guess this set is no longer "retired." Now I am worry the Thanksgiving and the two Christmas set from 2015 will resurface in the coming months. Lego is on a war with resellers :growl:

They will.  I posted this 2 weeks ago up top as a courtesy warning for if anyone was holding.  It was a subtle hint to move them. They have redone them with new dates back to last Halloween.  Retired does not mean retired anymore.  

I still bought more

20160831_194603.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

They will.  I posted this 2 weeks ago up top as a courtesy warning for if anyone was holding.  It was a subtle hint to move them. They have redone them with new dates back to last Halloween.  Retired does not mean retired anymore.  

I still bought more

They might as well make a new tag "Back by Popular Demand" because our 2016 seasonal mixels garbage are not selling.

I bought all 6 hoping stores are only getting one case each and killing my local market if I can grab them all before anyone else notice them.

Edited by tacsniper

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Well, KMart didn't ask for PEE, since they already had plenty, but they got them anyway.

Yeah no favors going on.  More like lets make another 20k of them and disperse them to other stores and the parks and no one will no the wiser.  First time I've seen them make it not visible on the site but it makes sense.  Don't want to be fielding questions on why retired sets are reprinted.  Was just up there on the 11th of this month when I checked to see what it said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Yeah no favors going on.  More like lets make another 20k of them and disperse them to other stores and the parks and no one will no the wiser.  First time I've seen them make it not visible on the site but it makes sense.  Don't want to be fielding questions on why retired sets are reprinted.  Was just up there on the 11th of this month when I checked to see what it said.

That's right. The general consumer will not know anything about the week stamp nor will they pay attention to it. Most will just assume it is a new seasonal item. But the rampant of remakes recently is very disturbing and we should be revising out investing strategy.

• Like 2