Hello from Minnesota. Need help!

Welcome to the site fellow Minnesotan! :) I will give you a piece of "welcome advice." There are new Star Wars sets that will be good investments, but I would urge you not to buy them yet, or any time too soon. If you buy a brand new set now, your money will be tied up longer, as will your shelf space. My advice is to focus on the older stuff that is still available, but much closer to retirement.

lol...sorry, guys. i couldn't resist. having lived in green bay for 30 years out of the 35 i have been alive, i couldn't help myself. i will be heading your way next weekend. we are loading the kids into the family truckster and heading to the mall of america for a few days, with a stop at the Lego Store our top priority. i plan on loading up the mini-van. you can thank me advance for helping to stimulate your local economy! lol happy hunting...

Watch out for the MOA security.......they are hardcore, they are highly trained by a member of the top Israeli militiary special ops team. No dancing or wearing hoodies in that mall, those of you who have seen the show mall cops know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen it you should check it out, its hilarious!!!!!

lol...sorry, guys. i couldn't resist. having lived in green bay for 30 years out of the 35 i have been alive, i couldn't help myself. i will be heading your way next weekend. we are loading the kids into the family truckster and heading to the mall of america for a few days, with a stop at the Lego Store our top priority. i plan on loading up the mini-van. you can thank me advance for helping to stimulate your local economy! lol happy hunting...

It's fine...for years I hated the Packers, but now I root for them if they're not playing the Vikings. :)

That's a long haul to go to MOA. I hope your trip to the LEGO Store is very productive. Dress light...it is always an OVEN in there. Lol.

Watch out for the MOA security.......they are hardcore, they are highly trained by a member of the top Israeli militiary special ops team. No dancing or wearing hoodies in that mall, those of you who have seen the show mall cops know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen it you should check it out, its hilarious!!!!!

I heard they are actually going to ban unaccompanied minors altogether. In all the times I have been to that mall, I have never encountered any riff raff, but I guess they are having a lot of problems out there. This is one of those situations where you could have a long philosophical/constitutional rights type of conversation, and no one would win. I understand the mall wants the adult shoppers who actually spend money to feel safe, but it seems wrong to ban a whole age group just because 3% of them are a bunch of worthless tools who just look for trouble.

thanks for the tips, guys. i have been to the mall several times. the first being the year it opened when i was in high school (we actually took a field trip there for our marketing class), and the last being about three years ago. i have never noticed or encountered any trouble any of the times i have been there. it has always been a pleasant experience, but i will take your suggestions to mind. i have all kinds of lego sources here in green bay (several walmarts, targets, shopkos, a toysrus, and a kmart), but sadly, the only lego store nearby is at the mall of amercia or in chicago. ill easily drive the 4-5 hours to minneapolis before i even consider stepping foot into chicago. also, as a packer fan i have to ask...when the hell is adrian peterson retiring?? i respect the hell out of that guy but can't stand playing against him.

thanks for the tips, guys. i have been to the mall several times. the first being the year it opened when i was in high school (we actually took a field trip there for our marketing class), and the last being about three years ago. i have never noticed or encountered any trouble any of the times i have been there. it has always been a pleasant experience, but i will take your suggestions to mind. i have all kinds of lego sources here in green bay (several walmarts, targets, shopkos, a toysrus, and a kmart), but sadly, the only lego store nearby is at the mall of amercia or in chicago. ill easily drive the 4-5 hours to minneapolis before i even consider stepping foot into chicago.

also, as a packer fan i have to ask...when the hell is adrian peterson retiring?? i respect the hell out of that guy but can't stand playing against him.

He still has 5 more years on his contract...