Architecture Builds

jsjones54

Question

3 answers to this question

The architecture sets don't come in different sizes... the only exception being the Eiffel Tower which originally came as a large set. So if you see one that is larger, it's likely a fake.

I believe the large Eiffel Tower wasn't part of the architecture series, otherwise you would have to count the large SOH too.

But "architecture builds" can have different meanings. I usually refer only 210xx with xx between 00 and 50 (so far) to this series: black box and "architecture" on the box. Other sets might of course also represent real architecture, but there you just have to do your research for each one in terms of 'fakes'. Also: a large Big Ben might be a "fake set", but can still be an awesome display and worth quite some money.

I believe the large Eiffel Tower wasn't part of the architecture series, otherwise you would have to count the large SOH too.

But "architecture builds" can have different meanings. I usually refer only 210xx with xx between 00 and 50 (so far) to this series: black box and "architecture" on the box. Other sets might of course also represent real architecture, but there you just have to do your research for each one in terms of 'fakes'. Also: a large Big Ben might be a "fake set", but can still be an awesome display and worth quite some money.

Forgot about the SOH!

He was specifically asking about LEGO selling larger architecture builds, so I was thinking the same as you: the black box series. I meant fake as in, if it appears to be branded and in a box, it's a fake. If it's just something someone built and is selling (lots do) then it's a MOC and yes some of the MOCs people sell on eBay are quite fantastic!