Reporting from Taiwan!

Hi everyone!

I've recently started to trade bricks and happened to find this site. Some really valuable information here!

I live in Taiwan and due to the different currency the price of Lego sets can be a bit weird. Sometimes I could get something for much less than the cheapest price on Amazon (yay!), while at times the difference is the other way around.

Ever since I was a kid my favorite Lego sets were Castles and Pirates. Not long ago I noticed that the prices for EOL Castle 2013 were for the vast majority above the regular retail price by fair amount. I got a decent amount of sets trying to order for the few people who were still selling at a lower price. The tricky part for me is taking under consideration the currency exchange, in conjunction with the expected popularity of a particular set. 

I'm currently doing it as a hobby, and if the $$$ flow will be decent enough I may decide to invest a bit more time and money and start to sell minifigures and components separately.  

Hopefully I'll learn a lot by hanging around here! :)

ps: English is not my mother language, I'll try to be as readable as possible!

Edited by Ibis-2k12

Thanks to everyone ^_^

My local Toys R Us has some nice offers on City Arctic sets and Roaring Motors (the creator one), well below regular retail price. Hopefully it will not be sold out by tomorrow and I'll get back home with some extra stock.

• 2 weeks later...