10190 and 10197 with box

Guest Low profile

Just agreed on a price for these 2 sets in one buy. But now I am afraid the 10190 is too good to be true. Good it be a fake or a copy? Any tips to look for when I pick up the sets?

Guest Low profile

Just agreed on a price for these 2 sets in one buy. But now I am afraid the 10190 is too good to be true. Good it be a fake or a copy? Any tips to look for when I pick up the sets?

Could it be a fake 

Found it online, called him and agreed a price. But after 15 minutes I told him I want to pick it up, it is 2 hour single way drive. He didn't seem to happy. Then I realized it could be fake or a scam. The future profit makes me still want to check it out. So let's hope when I get there it is the person that is selling.

Found it online, called him and agreed a price. But after 15 minutes I told him I want to pick it up, it is 2 hour single way drive. He didn't seem to happy. Then I realized it could be fake or a scam. The future profit makes me still want to check it out. So let's hope when I get there it is the person that is selling.

I guess it could be worth a try. My very first big lot of used sets was what I would consider too good to be true, including 10190 for $60, Cafe Corner for $95 and things like that. Drove 2:30 hours each way to pick it up. Granted, 98% of the time these deals end up being fake.

Too bad, almost got ripped off, adress does not excist. Now in contact with police. I have his bank account number and tel. Number.

it just cost me time. So watch out high price legosets are used for scamming people. Lucky me that I did not send the money.

if it looks to be too good to be true it probably is.

now let's see if me working for the police will help in getting this person to conviction...  I am afraid not

Don't count on the police, I was ripped off a few years back on Marktplaats, paid and all, just never got the package (video game)

Contacted the police, filled in a report with all the data (Address, bank account number, you name it) and got a nice reply a few days later they couldn't do anything because they needed more victims on this particular seller..I think it was at least three.. I guess they don't have time or it costs too much to investigate on a small scale..

Concerning your "buy": I would definitely walk away, not worth the effort and probably fake, but that's my opinion. Or it must clearly be listed as "used" and "incomplete"  By the way, the ad seems to be gone from the site?

If it is/was listed as new, you have your answer for sure.. 

I had the same thing happen to me last year. Many more people were scammed by this "lady" on marktplaats. Filed a report with the police with the other victims. A few months later I received a message from the police that they could not do anything due to lack of proof. Lack of proof!!!??? Wtf!? Everything was complete! Telephone number, Name, Bankaccount, IP-adres, address, etc.

The police is not like it used to be anymore. Politicians use them now as a money cow. Now they only have time to give you speeding tickets. Cause from that they earn money. Investigating cases like this does not bring any money in. It only costs money.  

The police is not like it used to be anymore. Politicians use them now as a money cow. Now they only have time to give you speeding tickets. Cause from that they earn money. Investigating cases like this does not bring any money in. It only costs money.  

I work for the police and I did not write a single ticket in my live, I only hunt big fish, mostly cost more then it brings in court but better for the community, but too bad almost nobody will see this. It cost a group off people allot of time to "get" someone. And to put a group off people on a crime off 300 or 1000 euro is difficult. But I know it is annoying that the feedback is lacking on a big scale. try to report your bike is stolen, same case the effort for putting a person in a cel for 6 till 12 hours is not making sense if you need your people for chasing drug dealers, arms dealers and child molesters.

I work for the police and I did not write a single ticket in my live, I only hunt big fish, mostly cost more then it brings in court but better for the community, but too bad almost nobody will see this. It cost a group off people allot of time to "get" someone. And to put a group off people on a crime off 300 or 1000 euro is difficult. But I know it is annoying that the feedback is lacking on a big scale. try to report your bike is stolen, same case the effort for putting a person in a cel for 6 till 12 hours is not making sense if you need your people for chasing drug dealers, arms dealers and child molesters.

Ow I know there are policemen (maybe like you) that do good work. Do not get me wrong. But there could and should be more of those. Just take the ticket officers from the streets who only write tickets and stop you for speeding or other BS. Use this manpower to give people like yourself a hand catching the big fish.

But anyhow. Let's not derive too far from the issue that you were almost scammed. Please watch out on marktplaats. Always try to pick up in person.

Edited by Ciglione