Minifigures Series worth investing?

johncrumpton

• 3 weeks later...

I have been just slowly buying these guys 5 to 10 at a time. I leave them in the bag and store them hoping to sell them 5 + years down the road. When series 8 comes out I think I will just pick up a whole box. Anyways, if you take a look at some of the listings on eBay or amazon for series 6 and 7 they are selling from $3 to $7 already. So there is $0 to $4 dollar profit to be made even when LEGO is still selling them for $2.99 on their site. People are willing to pay a few extra bucks to get the exact minifig. they need to complete their collection.

I have been just slowly buying these guys 5 to 10 at a time. I leave them in the bag and store them hoping to sell them 5 + years down the road. When series 8 comes out I think I will just pick up a whole box.

Anyways, if you take a look at some of the listings on eBay or amazon for series 6 and 7 they are selling from $3 to $7 already. So there is $0 to $4 dollar profit to be made even when LEGO is still selling them for $2.99 on their site. People are willing to pay a few extra bucks to get the exact minifig. they need to complete their collection.

I like buying the completed sets form Ebay sellers that mark the package with a sticker. They are usually correct in their methods for distinguishing which figure is in a bag.

I like buying the completed sets form Ebay sellers that mark the package with a sticker. They are usually correct in their methods for distinguishing which figure is in a bag.

Feel the bag man, feel the bag. On the topic of minifigs. I am loving the "hippy". I don't image they will be that popular among kids, which in my mind means it will be worth a good chunk of change many years down the road.

I have seen a few postings here and there detailing how and what key components to "feel" for in each polybag in order to determine what minifig is inside. Series 6 & 7 anyway. Have not actually tried it out but will give it a try next time I get a chance.

I just pay a little extra and let somebody do it for me. LOL

I have seen a few postings here and there detailing how and what key components to "feel" for in each polybag in order to determine what minifig is inside. Series 6 & 7 anyway. Have not actually tried it out but will give it a try next time I get a chance.

I have had great success felling the bag to find out what's in it. You just have to find one piece that you know will be easy to feel in each bag.