70LB LOT Value?

Hi, got a change to deal with a person with a lot of 70lbs of Lego. He sent me some pictures but I can't really tell what sets are in there and then determine the value. 

So posting here to see if anyone here can give me some ideas. I am just came back from dark age last winter so I has nearly none knowledge of the old sets. 

From the minifigures it seems like nothing really special and mostly from city theme sets? so I guess about $300 for 70 lbs? I am trying to sort, build and resell most of them unless find something my family wanna keep

Thanks

010__1437281878_173.51.164.92.jpg

009__1437281842_173.51.164.92.jpg

011__1437281891_173.51.164.92.jpg

012__1437281908_173.51.164.92.jpg

013__1437281923_173.51.164.92.jpg

017__1437281937_173.51.164.92.jpg

018__1437281956_173.51.164.92.jpg

Edited by szhang0407

Hmm.. I think you are right. I just google the instruction and it seems very similar. but just no idea if that is unique for the holiday train or also been used on other sets 

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=4093a&in=S just looked. It appears in 5 sets. There are two of those in the Holiday Train. So if you only have one in that lot, then it's definitely one of those other three sets.

• 2 weeks later...

Are those all of the figs? I would expect more for a lot that size. If it’s just a sample and assuming condition is good. Personally I’d go for it.  

There is a least one series 1 CMF, Dummy and enough later series CMF’s to suggest there will be a reasonable amount in the lot.  Gladiator, Tribal chief, Aztec  Warrior.  

There is a Snape, probably from Snape's Class as the Sand Green Roof Piece 6 x 6 x 3 Peaked is one of the lots. 

A Robin, he looks an older one so could be interesting, but difficult to tell from the pics.

Probably some western sets as I can see a Plant, Tree 6 x 6 Hollow Stump and a Palisade Wall 1X6X6 

Ship Hull parts and looks to be pirate figs parts in there.  I'd guess at Brickbeard's Bounty. 

The red wagon plate is from either Holiday train, Santa Fe, Freight and Crane (4565) or stand alone. The three trains all have value, but you could be unlucky and it’s standalone with no real value.

Only risk for me would be condition and amount of non-lego and other junk in the lot.

• Like 1

That long white car in pic #6 is from 3222, Helicopter & Limosuine. That set sells for around $150 new in box, between $50-$100 used if complete. Personally, I would take a chance on this lot, but it wouldn't hurt to try and get it for $250-$275. All they can say is "no" and then you pay their asking price. Keep in mind that buying bulk lots and piecing sets together is a lot of work. There will undoubtedly be missing pieces, figs, and instructions, so be prepared to spend some more on bricklink if you want these sets to be truly complete.

These lots can also be like a treasure hunt though, which is why I enjoy buying a few once in awhile. Two months ago I bought a lot with over 100 sets consisting of friends, city, and Harry potter for $275. When I got it home I discovered 68 CMF's sprinkled in with all of the pieces. There were also 5 large 48x48 base plates included. I cherry picked the rare figs and sold those separately. Then I sold the remaining figs in one lot as an auction. The went for $168 plus shipping. The base plates I sold for $80. The figs and plates covered the cost of the lot, so the 100 sets I'm still working on are all gravy. My point is that bulk lots are a lot of work, but if you enjoy it, then you can make some real good money. Good luck!