New member from UK saying hi...

Hi,

This is actually my 4th post (apologies for not introducing myself in the first one).  Any way, saw a link to an article on the 20 of the geekiest stars wars lego sets about 1 month ago, (http://www.gadgetreview.com/2011/09/20-of-the-geekiest-star-wars-lego-sets) had a spare 10 mins and decided to take a look.....BOOM! I was hooked.  

Massive star wars fan and loved lego as a kid. I could not believe the sets in this list DS 10188, UCS MF, SSD....as the list just went on and at item my jaw dropped lower.  Basically now I'm gutted that I've missed out on the last 10 years of lego.  I think it must have been the quickest AFOL conversion ever.

Quickly started googling and found Top 10 biggest Lego sets list. (http://brickset.com/sets/list-4266).  TB....I've been living in London for the past 10 years now have decided that is a set i have to have.

Found brickpicker and I've spent the majority of my free time digesting all the advice, tips, reviews on lego collecting/investing.  So first off a big THANKS to everyone positing on brickpicker.

So whats next for me.  Well i guess my initial goals are as a collector more then an investor.  Seen a few sets I have to have (ToO is the main one) but also some that I really like the look of as investments. For no just focusing on sets that I like as well as can see a future in. So if they turn out to be bad investments it wouldnt be a massive downer as they'd be ones I would be happy to open and build myself (just picked up a R5 @ 25% off which I was psyched about - don't know how I'm going to resist building that especially with the new movies coming up).

That said though am treating this new found hobby as an investment.  I wont be going out and buying multiple copies of sets and mass hoarding (at least not yet any way) but after what I've learned in the last month will try my hand at a few investments also.  read alot about the market being saturated now and the bubble forming and don't expect to be able to retire.  Just looking to have some fun by picking up a few sets here and there and hopefully turning out a 10% CAGR on average over the next 5 years.

Luckily I have the funds available and they're not earning me any interest in the bank so making the splash.  We're only talking small fries for now

Anyway, hi from me.  I intend to track my new investing hobby along with my stock portfolio and see which one earns me the most.  For sure I know which i'll have most fun with.

Cheers,

D.