Hi from California

HI all,

I started invest in Lego since I bought a few creator series for my daughter a few months ago and found that how much value it can increase. I am shocked to see some increase two or five times in a few years. 

When I did my my research, I found this site is very useful and good to get deals and knowledge.  Nice to meet you guys and like to learn more from you! I will share my thoughts in the investment forum and looking to heard your feedback.

thanks

kf852

Investing in Lego might seem like a no brainer but turning it into profit is a lot of work. The set has to double in price to actually break even if you consider fees, shipping cost, etc. There are also more and more people like yourself investing in Lego these days so sets don't appreciate that fast anymore. I started investing a few years ago and now feel I should have been more selective in my investing. Good luck!

Investing in Lego might seem like a no brainer but turning it into profit is a lot of work. The set has to double in price to actually break even if you consider fees, shipping cost, etc. There are also more and more people like yourself investing in Lego these days so sets don't appreciate that fast anymore. I started investing a few years ago and now feel I should have been more selective in my investing. Good luck!

Yes. I agree and I found that it's easy to buy than sell. One may avoid fees on craigslist but really a hassle to go back and forth emails with buyers. Also,the price is actually not that great.

Any more website/blog/books you recommend to read for brick investment? Any good experience or story you can share about how to make a good selection?

There's another one for you...  the more you contribute in the forums, the more reputation I'm sure you'll earn!

Welcome aboard!

Thank you as well.

Also, what is the rank/reputation really used for other than feeling better? Is there special function will be allowed with higher ranking? I can't find it in FAQ...

I think the FAQ should be updated and explain how the whole reputation/ranking works...

• Like 1

Thank you as well.

Also, what is the rank/reputation really used for other than feeling better? Is there special function will be allowed with higher ranking? I can't find it in FAQ...

I think the FAQ should be updated and explain how the whole reputation/ranking works...

That means you read the FAQ, good on you. :)

In the end, the rank/reputation is just to make people feel good about themselves. There is a limit to how many "likes" a user can give in one day (but I can't remember what the limit is) and it's just a way of gauging how much other members feel you are contributing to the forums by either posting deals, posting interesting links, being helpful, etc...

Thank you as well.

You spend enough time around here it will become pretty evident who has good advice, bad advice, or is just plain snarkey.  It helps to get an avatar too...as I feel like I know people more by that then their actual username.  Cats seem to be pretty popular around these parts.