71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

4 hours ago, Haay said:

The European LEGO Shop at Home sites are front-ends to the same back-site. Meaning: you don't have to check individual EU LEGO Shop at Home sites for stock because the stock is the same for all of them. They only use different sites to cater for (A) language differences, and (B) price-differences. ;) 

Germany and France is Temporarily out of stock, Belgium and the Netherlands Available Now

Belgium and the Netherlands also Temporarily out of stock now

Edited by Separator
  • Like 1

Went to Wijnegem LEGO  Shop this morning. No Disney minifigs. The guy there said they MIGHT come back in. I said what you mean MIGHT? He said, I will know for certain on wednesday when the delivery comes. It is strange to hear commentaries like that and the one from collishop that they will not receive any more. But as people will probably tell now, what do employees know? In this case... he really knew nothing... but friendly guy nonetheless. Now LEGO Shop at Home is temporarily out of stock. Then again, all speculation. I reached my quotum today after cleaning out a Fun in the middle of nowhere.

13 minutes ago, Neosphinx said:

Went to Wijnegem LEGO  Shop this morning. No Disney minifigs. The guy there said they MIGHT come back in. I said what you mean MIGHT? He said, I will know for certain on wednesday when the delivery comes. It is strange to hear commentaries like that and the one from collishop that they will not receive any more. But as people will probably tell now, what do employees know? In this case... he really knew nothing... but friendly guy nonetheless. Now LEGO Shop at Home is temporarily out of stock. Then again, all speculation. I reached my quotum today after cleaning out a Fun in the middle of nowhere.

You just have to accept there are others who are faster and more efficient than you in cleaning those stores up :D  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

SOLD OUT  again 12 hours later.  they can't keep these things in stock.

4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You just have to accept there are others who are faster and more efficient than you in cleaning those stores up :D  

you also need to talk to clerks/managers - often stuff is not out yet or hasn't been restocked.

i've managed to get through 8 cases now.  4 were on the shelf.  4 were in the back.  so far only the largest regional target has more than 2 cases which were gone by the time i got there - got snookered by huge excess of series 14 on the tracker. even the target in enfield, ct only got 2 cases per the toy manager at the east winsor store - the guy wants them himself so i doubt he would lie.

Agree with earlier sentiment that this series of minifigures will be similar to The LEGO Movie and will be tough to find with sporadic spottings that are rapidly gobbled.

don't be lulled by the everlasting Simpsons minifigures and the intervening 12, 13, 14, series which are still popping up at walgreens.  came across some simpsons series 1 in a walgreens the other day.  doh.

143z52.jpg

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Donald - feel for the duck head. No skirt is Donald, skirt is Daisy.

Peter Pan I never got myself - had someone feel it for me. But I'm told you can feel for the swords.

Daisy doesn't have a skirt. Minnie does, but not Daisy. You have to feel for the bow vs Donalds hat. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, donbee said:

I'm not convinced the dot system works.

Can I get a tip on how to find Donald and Peter Pan?

there are multiple bump codes for the same character and sometimes the imprint of the bump is not so strong.  i wouldn't rely on the dots or bumps.  especially when these are super easy to smoosh.

Donald - gotta feel for the cleft along the smooth top surface of the hat. stubby tail for the win.  

Peter Pan - pinch for the plastic knives/swords which are joined together in the package. feels like a thin plastic V.   nothing else has those -  can be hard to find if they are stuck in the paper insert so you might have to shake the bag a little to get it to settle.  once you feel the 2 swords attached feel for the pointy conical head with the hair curl on the edge to confirm.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

You can imagine I am as sad as all of you having to say this, but I regret to say that we were not able to secure a second shipment of Disney minifigures. Distributors made promises, and they fell through. Now we too have to admit that, despite our attempts to provide everyone with a box, LEGO simply under-produced for this round. 

There were a few boxes left after our first shipment came in and everything was sent out to all our buyers here over the last few days. If we had enough to satisfy the demand, I can assure you that we would provide a competitive price. However, due to the fact that we will not be getting more stock any time soon, these will be priced much higher. 

For anyone who is interested, the items will be available through the following links:

Set - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-71012-Complete-Set-of-18-Disney-MINIFIGURE-S-SERIES-/222083146610?

Box - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-LEGO-71012-Box-Case-of-60-Disney-MINIFIGURES-SERIES-/331829122026?

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this is to all of you. I truly wish this were not the case. If you feel that you have been wronged or cheated by not receiving one, please bring your complaint to LEGO. :) ...but don't. That really won't do you any good.

Hope to see you all next time,
Jon

Edited by MinifiguresPlus
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, MinifiguresPlus said:

You can imagine I am as sad as all of you having to say this, but I regret to say that we were not able to secure a second shipment of Disney minifigures. Distributors made promises, and they fell through. Now we too have to admit that, despite our attempts to provide everyone with a box, LEGO simply under-produced for this round. 

There were a few boxes left after our first shipment came in and everything was sent out to all our buyers here over the last few days. If we had enough to satisfy the demand, I can assure you that we would provide a competitive price. However, due to the fact that we will not be getting more stock any time soon, these will be priced much higher. 

For anyone who is interested, the items will be available through the following links:

Set - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-71012-Complete-Set-of-18-Disney-MINIFIGURE-S-SERIES-/222083146610?

Box - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-LEGO-71012-Box-Case-of-60-Disney-MINIFIGURES-SERIES-/331829122026?

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this is to all of you. I truly wish this were not the case. If you feel that you have been wronged or cheated by not receiving one, please bring your complaint to LEGO. :) ...but don't. That really won't do you any good.

Hope to see you all next time,
Jon

can I ask what does "for this round" mean any guesses ?

is it done or there will be more rounds and more economically priced cases months from now ?

or are they done with production and hold what you have for increasing value ?

any opinions appreciated

1 minute ago, trekgate502 said:

can I ask what does "for this round" mean any guesses ?

is it done or there will be more rounds and more economically priced cases months from now ?

or are they done with production and hold what you have for increasing value ?

any opinions appreciated

You could say it is rumored that there will be more supply in June. I am not holding my breath over that report, but I suppose it is not out of the question. I suspect we could even see something similar to the second round of production seen with series 3. Some of you may remember when LEGO sold out of series 3 and then produced a second round with different distributions. (Of course they over-flooded the market and the series then became nearly worthless for over a year). That is all to say that there is a possibility, however slight it may be.

1 minute ago, MinifiguresPlus said:

You could say it is rumored that there will be more supply in June. I am not holding my breath over that report, but I suppose it is not out of the question. I suspect we could even see something similar to the second round of production seen with series 3. Some of you may remember when LEGO sold out of series 3 and then produced a second round with different distributions. (Of course they over-flooded the market and the series then became nearly worthless for over a year). That is all to say that there is a possibility, however slight it may be.

thanks sir :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

If you want my opinion, the shortage is because LEGO sent a HUGE amount of these figs to the Disney Parks. I'd be willing to bet a pretty high majority of these are sitting at the parks for distribution.

I was at the Disneyland Lego store on Thursday and they were out, but expecting a shipment on Monday. But my local Lego store also got another shipment Wednesday. So it makes sense that they'd ship more to Disney, but who knows.

16 minutes ago, mattjay said:

I have a sealed box. Would it be better to hold and trying to sell months or a year or two later?

I have a sealed box. Would it be better to hold and trying to sell months or a year or two later?

You should sell one now and one later :)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

These have been out for two weeks, I'm sure they're not making anymore...emoji849.png

Yeah. Lego just made all these new Disney molds so that the ahole that cleared out his local 20 Target stores can make bank. Ahahahaha

• Like 3