Greetings from SoCal

Hi all, I have been on this forum for almost a year and gained a lot of valuable information and insight.  I came upon the website trying to find some way to buy some Lego sets for my two children at lower cost.  Building and buying pushed me out of the Dark Ages and somehow trying to save money led to spending lots more money.  Time to stop lurking and hopefully contribute more. 

Welcome fellow SoCaler (making new words everyday).

I find when Amazon drops the price on current sets to about 20%, I find a reseller using FBA and grab some new or near new sets that way.  You get free shipping (I go past $35), no tax since it's FBA and not Amazon, and a good price/brick ratio. The boxes are usually messed up but if your kids are like mine you might as well toss the boxes on day 1.

With LA traffic, the price of gas and local tax rates approaching 10% I find it cheaper to just buy online and work harder making money or saving elsewhere.

Edited by colossus

Welcome! You'll find that it's a disadvantage to be be an investor in SoCal with the price of gas and crazy high sales tax. Good deals at Walmart are extremely few and far between. I've actually never come across a single deal at Wally World. If you're near Legoworld Carlsbad, they do offer a 10% discount at all of the shops there including exclusives. That would offset the sales tax.

• Like 1