Hello from a Minifig collector and recent Lego investor

Hi all, I have been lurking for a few weeks, but thought I best introduce myself. I am a 34yr old man from the UK, I was a huge fan of Lego when I was young, I had quite a collection, including (but not limited to) the high speed train set, and a weetabix special edition house. Unfortuately my Mum gave all my lego away to a friend who had young sons once I was more interested in girls and rock music. Anyway... fast forward nearly 15 years and I'm on my luch break when I walk into a local tesco and see collectable Lego minfigs on sale, series 4. Well I bought one, then the next day I bought two more and so on until I had only one more to collect (I had purchased about 45 in total but was holding out for the mad scientist) after that I was hooked on minifigs and I started my collection proper. Just over a year ago I moved to Devon, it just so happened (and it wasn't planned, I swear) that the town I moved to has a Lego shop, not an official Lego shop just a shop that sells lego. After a month or two the owner knew me by name and I'd pop in all the time to glance at his stock (he sells 2nd hand lego sets) in particular his minifigs. When the new CMFs come in he opens a bunch of packs so you can choose the ones you want, he is happy for me to grope the packs and even has swaps available. Anyway, on Christmas eve he mentioned that the shop down the road (another toy shop) had a Lego Harry Potter Burrows for sale at

Welcome to the site, fellow collector! I love the MINIFIGURE line as well. (Have quite a few of them.)

I would be mad at your Mum if I were you :)

Me too. It's funny how so many people's parents had just thrown out or given away their toys, comic books, and other collectibles from when they were a kid. Usually saying things like "It's trash!" and "Grow up, that's for kids!" Now I bet everyone of them would kick themshelves if they could see just how valuable all that 'garbage' has become! Sheesh, the collection of comic books my father had could have set him up for life now. If only his mother hadn't thrown them out.

Anywho, have fun here!

There is a Polybag/Minifig Trading thread that may interest you. There you can list whatever you're looking for to complete your collection of MINIFIGURES or help someone else complete theirs.

Well it has been 20yrs, so I guess I should forgive her by now. At the time I wasn't bothered, it was in the 'dark ages' so I ws probably happy it had gone to someone who played with it Now I look back and think 'dagnammit' but it's ok, I guess I would have had some good classic minifigs but it was mostly town stuff, nothing special. I have checked out the polybag/minifig trading thread, but I have so many I want to get, I think my big aim this year will be to get all the dwarves from Hobbit, I doubt I'll buy all the sets but I'll probably try and pick up a few through brick link, I also have a few parts to get to complete a Ferrari I got in a bundle for xmas, so I'll top up the order with a minifig or two.

I have checked out the polybag/minifig trading thread, but I have so many I want to get, I think my big aim this year will be to get all the dwarves from Hobbit, I doubt I'll buy all the sets but I'll probably try and pick up a few through brick link, I also have a few parts to get to complete a Ferrari I got in a bundle for xmas, so I'll top up the order with a minifig or two.

I have a lot from the earlier Series' to collect myself. I may not get every THE HOBBIT set. That depends on how good of a sale I can find them for later on. Interested in seeing your Ferrari when it is done. I had just recently posted a link for an impressive collection of car MOCs (some are Ferrari's). Here's a quick link just in case you have not seen it already.