Which $50 Starfighter do you think is the best!?!

IrishGuy66

The Lego StarWars theme is full of starfighters $45 to $55 in price range, and It seems that every time something is brought up about one a whole StarWars turf war is brought up on which one is best! I personally like the Z-95 and Old Republic Striker Class, but everybody has different opinions. I am interested in all the different views on these sets, and it seems that no matter where I go every respected StarWars collector has one, so this discussion should get very heated! My top three: 1. Z-95 Headhunter ($50) 2. Old Republic Striker Class Starfighter ($45) 3. Gold Leader's Y-Wing ($50)

I'd have to vote Y-wing.

I'm somewhat biased against non-movie based sets, especially ToR. The game those sets are based off of is horrible and is a complete failure (they really should see if a game is good and will succeed and become popular before they start making sets based on it).

I don't like the game very much either..... but tons of people play it, and the sets, and the figures that come with them are beasty!

My top three:

1. Z-95 Headhunter ($50)

2. Old Republic Striker Class Starfighter ($45)

3. Gold Leader's Y-Wing ($50)

From your list, I would pick the "Republic Striker-Class Starfighter" first.

"Gold Leader's Y-Wing" at a very close second.

"Z-95 Headhunter" takes a while to finish for third place.

The Clone Troopers are kickass, but Pong Krell is whatever. Wasn't the only couple of episodes he was in that he turned out to be a badguy? He wasn't a Sith or anything like that. He would give orders that deliberately put troopers into harms way and get them killed intentionally! (What an asshole....) Plus, for a guy that is supposed to be one 'almighty' Jedi, why the heck was he never actually on the battlefield? I mean, if he was so great he could have taken out the enemy in mere seconds! Anyway, I do like the basic design of the ship itself. Reminds me of a spacecraft from one of those classic 'shoot'em up' games like Galaga.

A favorite spaceship of mine that LEGO has done is the "A-Wing Starfighter". It is just one of those odd "unknown's" that you never really see except for like once in a blue moon. (In the films, atleast. The sets are a different matter.) Plus, I have collected every single one that LEGO did, so I won't be missing this year's version!

From your list, I would pick the "Republic Striker-Class Starfighter" first.

"Gold Leader's Y-Wing" at a very close second.

"Z-95 Headhunter" takes a while to finish for third place.

The Clone Troopers are kickass, but Pong Krell is whatever. Wasn't the only couple of episodes he was in that he turned out to be a badguy? He wasn't a Sith or anything like that. He would give orders that deliberately put troopers into harms way and get them killed intentionally! (What an *******....) Plus, for a guy that is supposed to be one 'almighty' Jedi, why the heck was he never actually on the battlefield? I mean, if he was so great he could have taken out the enemy in mere seconds! Anyway, I do like the basic design of the ship itself. Reminds me of a spacecraft from one of those classic 'shoot'em up' games like Galaga.

A favorite spaceship of mine that LEGO has done is the "A-Wing Starfighter". It is just one of those odd "unknown's" that you never really see except for like once in a blue moon. (In the films, atleast. The sets are a different matter.) Plus, I have collected every single one that LEGO did, so I won't be missing this year's version!

I don't really know Pong Krell's back story, but his figure is mega epic! He's like the four armed Garmadon of StarWars! The set itself is really big (despite what everone says who havn't seen it in person). I put it next to my striker class, and the Z-95 just blew it out of the water!

• 4 weeks later...

The Lego StarWars theme is full of starfighters $45 to $55 in price range, and It seems that every time something is brought up about one a whole StarWars turf war is brought up on which one is best! I personally like the Z-95 and Old Republic Striker Class, but everybody has different opinions. I am interested in all the different views on these sets, and it seems that no matter where I go every respected StarWars collector has one, so this discussion should get very heated!

My top three: 1. Z-95 Headhunter ($50)

2. Old Republic Striker Class Starfighter ($45)

3. Gold Leader's Y-Wing ($50)

You didn't say anything about choosing as an investment, so basing my decision on what just looks cool, I like the Z-95. I would say the Striker if the design colors weren't so mish-mash bc I like how the wings move. I never liked Y-wings for whatever reason...

You are right Studebricker... In the longer run it might just happen the Headhunter is better investment option though (none left at my local store) since figs just beat others. Satele Shan while i LOVE her the set is way way overpriced. I might ONLY buy it on atleast 25% discount. 49.99

They're both overpriced, honestly. Although at each ones respective retail, I'm leaning towards "Republic Striker-Class Starfighter" for a little more 'bang for your buck', if only slightly. Still, I would really only jump on either one if they go down to around $35 or less. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what makes them priced closer to $50. Perhaps you're paying for the design itself?

I prefer the 'Republic Striker-Class Starfighter'. The main reason I think it is the best is I can purchase maybe 40 of these at my local Shopko for $29 plus tax. ;-)

Low prices always make a set look better to me! lol

Well lucky you I was searching for it but it is absolutley IMPOSSIBLE to get this set for below 49.99

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished my build of the Z-95 headhunter and I would have to say it's a very cool ship. While I already have two y-wings in my collection and a Republic Striker Class Fighter waiting in a box for me I would say that this ship is a great set if your a fan of The Clone Wars or in my the Old School PC game Tie Fighter and swatting these ships out of the sky left and right (must be because they are throwback Clone War tech and kind of antiquiy for that reason.) This ship is very large as an end product and the spring loaded missile adds tons of bombing run play value and really puts flick fire missile to additional shame. Once I open up and build the Republic Striker I'll bump this thread with which one wins out. Minifigure wise I think this set comes in third of the three. Clone troopers for their 'clone' designation have too much variety in uniform for me to keep track of.