Tomorrows yard sale

whtlion

Question

7 answers to this question

My only advice is to be the first one there. I'd be waiting in my car at least 1/2 hour before their announced open time in case they open early. Lego at yard sales in my area is always scooped up within the first hour, if not sooner.

Also, verify that is indeed lego they are selling and not an off brand. Genuine lego will have "lego" printed on each and every stud. A lot of people advertise off brands as lego, not realizing that there is a big difference. Good luck, happy hunting, and let us know what you find!

If there was a phone number on the contact info. on the listing (assuming Cragislist)...they're probably already gone if they were worth anything. 

IF they're there.....get them and get out.  If the price is fair, haggling for a lower price only presents other LEGO hounds the time to make a counter offer. 

Yeah, that happened to me...  Guy advertised a bunch of older city sets for his yard sale and when I got there, one guy had bought over $1,000 worth of stuff...  Of course, all the worthwhile Lego sets...  Bummer!

Well that was a waste of time it was a whole development sale, I got there at 7 and no one was set up so I rode around and came back at 7:30 stopped and asked if anyone knew who was selling the lego's , no one knew if they were there I could not find them

Well that was a waste of time it was a whole development sale, I got there at 7 and no one was set up so I rode around and came back at 7:30 stopped and asked if anyone knew who was selling the lego's , no one knew if they were there I could not find them

​People use the name Lego to enhance their yard sale advertisement. Kind of like "Moving" or "Furniture". Lego is an easy one to advertise then say it was sold or "misplaced".

• Like 1