TC-14 MINI FIGURE...SUPER COLLECTIBLE!!!

Ed Mack

Here is your chance to obtain(for FREE) a super collectible chrome STAR WARS mini figure! You all know how those 'chrome' and 'gold chrome' mini figures such as the:

Chrome Darth Vader

Chrome Stormtrooper

Gold Chrome plated C-3P0

have appreciated over time. These were FREE with other LEGO offers. I posted the actual LEGO advertisement below...

LEGO.COM is running a really cool offer on May 4th and 5th...

LEGO May 4th/5th Offer!!!

The above link really doesn't give you any specifics, but I received a postcard from LEGO with the basic details:

****If you spend $75(US) on any combination of STAR WARS LEGO sets on May 4th and 5th, you will receive:

1. FREE exclusive, limited edition TC-14 mini figure

2. FREE R2-D2 poster

3. FREE shipping

The TC-14 mini figure is super collectible. Don't let this deal pass you by. These chrome STAR WARS mini figures(Chrome Darth Vader, Chrome Stormtrooper, Gold Chrome C-3P0) appreciate into the stratosphere in a couple of years.

So what do you think is a good Star Wars set(s) investment for the promotion?

I like the Planet Sets. The Battle packs are winners too. Of course you have to buy multiples, but the Battle packs will triple in 2-3 years.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9488-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9489-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9674-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9675-1

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9676-1

Not to be a jerk but couold you order $75 of starwars sets and then return them? Im really not into starwars sets at all and as far as investments go most of the sets are sooo oversold the loose value after being retired these day!

Good point. I don't know. I do know that returning an item to LEGO.com is a real pain. Unless the item is damaged, they make you pay for shipping, which probably exceeds the cost of the mini figure.

oh i should have clarified,i live 3 minutes away from the cincinnati lego store. i could buy online and return there hopefully?

Or can i just buy in the store and get the promo chrome guy as well?

I have the actual postcard from LEGO and you can buy $75 at a LEGO store and get a TC-14 mini figure. It might be worth a try.

• 1 month later...

I'm so sad that I missed this! It was sort of an expensive buy in, though!

Try and combine it with other deals on LEGO.com and it might work out to your advantage. Remember, most times on LEGO.com when you spend $75 or more, shipping is free. Combine that with the deals LEGO is running at the time and the LEGO VIP points which gives $5 back for every $100 you spend...it could be a good deal.

• 1 month later...

So i managed to acquire a significant amount of these TC-14 minifigures. Whats everyones opinion on the long term price of these? I cant decide if i should sell them for the $20-30 they are going for now or hold onto them and wait for prices closer to $50-75. thoughts?

So i managed to acquire a significant amount of these TC-14 minifigures. Whats everyones opinion on the long term price of these? I cant decide if i should sell them for the $20-30 they are going for now or hold onto them and wait for prices closer to $50-75.

thoughts?

Keep them.

Keep them.How many is 'significant'?

My local LEGO store had approximately 50 left over TC-14s from the promotional May 4th sale. They had literally just put them in a box right next to the register, the guy inline in front of me grabbed a handful, maybe about 10 and i grabbed the remaining 40, i asked if they had more in back but they didnt.

I cant decide if i should flip them quick and reinvest the profits into something else or if i should just sit on them for a year or so and hold off for better prices, especially since the market appears to be a bit flooded right now. thoughts?

I think $50-75 might be tough for this set based on the quantity sold, far more than that of other chrome special edition minifigs, such as the chrome c-3po, but i think $30-50 is certainly possible once the supply starts to thin out in the next few months to a year.