Iron Man MK33 Exclusive Preorder

Mynatt

Question

The new Iron Man exclusive figure for the preorder of the new marvel game has been shown, and it look amazing. With the leg, arm, are arc reactor printing, it is something.

Now I did put this in the question category because I was curious on what is the most efficient way to grab a few of these while evading actually ordering the game. In the past I have walked into GameStops and just asked if they had any of the figures with them (Plasticman). I once got a sole on for free but all the other times I was declined.

Is there a better way?

lego-marvel-avengers-bonus-600x432.jpg

Edited by Mynatt

17 answers to this question

Aren't we all?

I am all about taking advantage of coupons or promos, but the original post appears to be a bit questionable.   ​Feel free to share legitimate ideas that are withing the guidelines set forth by these companies to acquire one.  

• Like 1

The new Iron Man exclusive figure for the preorder of the new marvel game has been shown, and it look amazing. With the leg, arm, are arc reactor printing, it is something.

Now I did put this in the question category because I was curious on what is the most efficient way to grab a few of these while evading actually ordering the game. In the past I have walked into GameStops and just asked if they had any of the figures with them (Plasticman). I once got a sole on for free but all the other times I was declined.

Is there a better way?

lego-marvel-avengers-bonus-600x432.jpg

​So you are looking for a way to scam the system?

​Well, I do feel that the polybag could have a very good return to it, looking at a few other ones from the past including the Iron Patriot have a very happy return to them. However, the purchase of the game is part that I am not to thrilled about because at the end of run of the game, all retailers put them down on sale for quite a bit, causing for the decrease in value.

I wouldn't necessarily say I want to scam the system, but rather a bit curious on if there have been other ways in the past that others have been able to get their hands on the pre-order game exclusives or if really the best way is just to buy multiple copies of the game and flip em. 

Edited by Mynatt

I am all about taking advantage of coupons or promos, but the original post appears to be a bit questionable.   ​Feel free to share legitimate ideas that are withing the guidelines set forth by these companies to acquire one.  

What had happened above with the Plastic Man mini figure is not something usually do. I went into game stop a few months after the game had been released and just by a random curiosity I was curious if they had any. They opened a drawer with multiple bags of promotions from not only the plastic men but skylanders etc. I asked if I could pay for it but they gave it to me for free because they said that they were trying to get rid of them.

I don't know if this is a scam move but I was not trying to get around the restrictions at the time of the pre order promotion. 

I hope that clears up my original story. 

• Like 2

If you go into a game stop after the release of the said promo game release date and ask nicely if they have any lego Poly bags available, and even possibly purchase something other than the promo game???? I don't get it?  how is this unethical?

• Like 1

What had happened above with the Plastic Man mini figure is not something usually do. I went into game stop a few months after the game had been released and just by a random curiosity I was curious if they had any. They opened a drawer with multiple bags of promotions from not only the plastic men but skylanders etc. I asked if I could pay for it but they gave it to me for free because they said that they were trying to get rid of them.

I don't know if this is a scam move but I was not trying to get around the restrictions at the time of the pre order promotion. 

I hope that clears up my original story. 

​I think that's the only way to legitamately get them without buying the game. AFAIK the Plastic Man polybag didn't appear anywhere else. Personally, I hate that because a) those promotions rarely come up north and b ) I'm not a gamer and have no interest in getting the games so the secondary market is the only way to collect them unless some nice BPer offers me one for a good deal. :)

​If some store sells them without the game it's not scamming the system to buy them. Or how many observe the Lego limits on Amazon (and I mean the limits from LEGO itself).

Edited by 10230

If you wouldn't of said "grab a few" and "evading" most wouldn't consider this a scam question. I have the same question pretty much. I don't want to buy any video games but I do want these for under $5. Any ideas? Making a deal with the store once the promo period is over sounds like a fair deal.

Edited by gregpj
Edited for Robb.. :)

If you go into a game stop after the release of the said promo game release date and ask nicely if they have any lego Poly bags available, and even possibly purchase something other than the promo game???? I don't get it?  how is this unethical?

​You are missing my point.  The OP first stated that they went in and asked and met with poor results.  That was not unethical.  If you ask to buy one, of course it's legit.  If they say no, at least you tried.  The second portion of the question was "questionable" in my opinion.  Basically, if they don't give or sell me one, how can I get one without buying the game?  That's where this can lead to topics I would rather not discuss here.  

​You are missing my point.  The OP first stated that they went in and asked and met with poor results.  That was not unethical.  If you ask to buy one, of course it's legit.  If they say no, at least you tried.  The second portion of the question was "questionable" in my opinion.  Basically, if they don't give or sell me one, how can I get one without buying the game?  That's where this can lead to topics I would rather not discuss here.  

​Even if I wouldn't use a scam it is nice to know one exists, if that is the case. It still affects me. Silencing would only help the ones that already know about it.

Unethical, maybe not, douchey, maybe so. I've asked nicely before, usually a month or two after the promo is over. I use them for trade bait and have not sold any or acquired many.