Wow, solid gold lego brick sold on ebay for 14G

I'm certain it didn't sell for $14k. A best offer under $14,500 was accepted. And it's gold value looks to be about only $1700, give or take a bit. Not even a single troy ounce. This seller is brickenvy, who lists regular Lego sets at 20 times the cost because they are in an AFA case. The best offers will always remain secret. EDIT: That being said....I want one too!!!

I'm certain it didn't sell for $14k. A best offer under $14,500 was accepted. And it's gold value looks to be about only $1700, give or take a bit. Not even a single troy ounce. This seller is brickenvy, who lists regular Lego sets at 20 times the cost because they are in an AFA case. The best offers will always remain secret.

EDIT: That being said....I want one too!!!

Based on where this completed auction displays when sorted by high price, the accepted best offer was somewhere between $11,189 and $12,500.

Based on where this completed auction displays when sorted by high price, the accepted best offer was somewhere between $11,189 and $12,500.

Sweet, that means it was a fake bidder, and so we'll see this relisted soon enough! Maybe I'll make a go at it. But no one in their right mind pays 8 times what gold is worth to have it shaped like a Lego. You could make 4 of these in solid 24K gold for the same price.

Please also consider that if you were pawning this, yeah, it would be just gold by the ounce. However, this is different. It is a known item in a specific hobby so the price will higher than the value of gold.

I disagree, most Pawn Shops wouldn't have a clue at the value of a collectible like this. Odds are they would pay you just for the Gold value, and a tiny bit extra for the name value unless the pawn shop is Gold and Silver Pawn Shop due to the limited amount that hit eBay.

Never underestimate what some people will pay for collectible items. Brick Envy has a very good idea. The investment of a AFA grading and case, along with a top quality rare set is very tempting to collectors and investors. This Gold brick looks legit. Whether it was a fake sale, I don't know. Our records indicate he sold two AFA Graded 10179 Millenium Falcons at $12,500. Check it out.. I cannot confirm if these sales were completed.

I disagree, most Pawn Shops wouldn't have a clue at the value of a collectible like this. Odds are they would pay you just for the Gold value, and a tiny bit extra for the name value unless the pawn shop is Gold and Silver Pawn Shop due to the limited amount that hit eBay.

agreed. that is what i typed, "...pawning this... it would be just gold by the ounce"