Do exclusive LOTR/Hobbit polybags make good investments?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's the deal with the poly bags other than the Elrond one? Were they exclusive or what? I just saw 2 Gandalf poly bags shoved behind some other toys at Walmart so I bought them both. Figured better safe than sorry, I never usually see LOTR poly bags anywhere.

What's the deal with the poly bags other than the Elrond one? Were they exclusive or what? I just saw 2 Gandalf poly bags shoved behind some other toys at Walmart so I bought them both. Figured better safe than sorry, I never usually see LOTR poly bags anywhere.

I think the Gandalf one had a wider release, and the Elf Guard was only in stores for three or four months. I never got one, one of my biggest Lego regrets... :(

I think the Gandalf one had a wider release, and the Elf Guard was only in stores for three or four months. I never got one, one of my biggest Lego regrets... :(

The Elrond was a preorder exclusive for the game, right? And were the others exclusive to specific retailers? I've never seen the Frodo one in a store anywhere.

The Elrond was a preorder exclusive for the game, right? And were the others exclusive to specific retailers? I've never seen the Frodo one in a store anywhere.

Elrond was the preorder bonus from Gamestop with the Lego Lord of the Rings game.

Frodo with Cooking Corner was a Toys R Us exclusive available around August last year.

Mirkwood Elf Guard was also a Toys R Us exclusive, available November.

Gandalf at Dol Guldur was first available at Toys R Us for November, then at Walmart for February.

Elrond was the preorder bonus from Gamestop with the Lego Lord of the Rings game.

Frodo with Cooking Corner was a Toys R Us exclusive available around August last year.

Mirkwood Elf Guard was also a Toys R Us exclusive, available November.

Gandalf at Dol Guldur was first available at Toys R Us for November, then at Walmart for February.

Not a TRU exclusive, but don't forget about 30211 Uruk-Hai with Ballista - I just stumbled onto a bunch of these along with a bunch of 40035 Rocking Horse.

Not a TRU exclusive, but don't forget about 30211 Uruk-Hai with Ballista - I just stumbled onto a bunch of these along with a bunch of 40035 Rocking Horse.

I haven't found that Rocking Horse but I have and still do come across a bunch of the Uruk-Hai polybag at my Five Below store.

I haven't found that Rocking Horse but I have and still do come across a bunch of the Uruk-Hai polybag at my Five Below store.

I wish we had a Five Below...

I found these at the LLDC in Schaumburg, IL. I grabbed many of each...with the VIP discount these are already profitable.

Thanks all, for clearing this up. I wish I could find the Uruk Hai poly bags as well, because I'd like to build an army with them. But I've never even heard of a store called 5 Below.

I just heard about Five Below like a month or so ago really and they're spread across 18 states which makes them not so easily accessible unless you live there to begin with. Plus they charge $4 for that Uruk-Hai polybag. In my opinion, that's an awful price to pay for essentially one minifigure and roughly 16 pieces. Investment seems good though.

Thanks all, for clearing this up. I wish I could find the Uruk Hai poly bags as well, because I'd like to build an army with them. But I've never even heard of a store called 5 Below.

I'll gladly sell you the ones I have for way less than I'm going to sell them for on eBay...as long as you pay for shipping.

Even for $3 they are not bad.

Not so much.... sure ROI looks good but 2$ net profit?

Gandalf at Dol Goldur is selling for 5$ on Bricklink, why would that make it good investment on 3$ input and if we include 3% BL fees and 3.5$ paypal fees AND you driving to the store and going to post office (gas) you get a whooping 0.70$

Mirkwood elf polybag sure youd get a net 100% if not 150% but anything else not at all.