RARE LEGO STAR WARS YODA 1999 TARGET PROMO 14" TALL

cflannagan

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lego-star-wars-yoda-1999-target-promo-154520284 We were talking about our childhood LEGO experience and how I have recently started to buy sets for investment purposes. A friend of mine mentioned he won this in a contest hosted by Target way back in 1999 - when Star Wars Episode I came out. He had to guess # of pieces in this set and he won it, was only off by 7 pieces. I was like wow, it could be worth something today. I doubt he plans on selling it (he had it for a long time), but we were indeed curious as to what kind of value it would be to a collector (theoretically). Any ideas how much this would be valued?

I'd have to ask him, but from what little I can gather via Google, my understanding is there's only 1,200 of those such figures. And I also believe they come preassembled, glued together. But I would imagine that shouldn't affect value too much - because that's how they are handed out anyway - preassembled and glued together. What do you think? I'd love to see it too! Unfortunately it's not in our homecity - he has it back in his childhood house on the other side of US. ;)

What do you mean it changed things? I thought you were going to say the LEGO pieces being glued together was going to devalue it! :) Or was it the fact that you just learned those (only 1,200 made) are normally handed out preassembled and glued together - thus it shouldn't devalue? (I'm thinking the latter perhaps?)

• 10 years later...