76013 Batman AND 70164 Ultra Agents for $75?

A local craigslister has these two sets listed.  The 76013 The Joker Steam Roller is listed for $40 and the 70164 Hurricane Heist is listed for $45.

I emailed the seller for a combo deal, and she came back with $75 for both. 

In terms of a 1-2 year hold, is that a buy?  I have no idea of the value of the Ultra Agents sets.

If not a 1-2 year buy, how long does one expect to hold these?  Or is there a better place to spend $75 for a small-time investor?  Where?

Many people loaded up on joker steam rollers a couple months ago for $25 each through target clearance (I got 55 of them myself, and others purchased even more). That set will take awhile to see any truly solid gains, as it will probably be available for at least another year. Personally, I don't have an opinion on the ultra agents since it is a theme that doesn't interest me. If I was spending $75 today, I'd grab a Santa's Workshop. Yes, many people are stockpiling this set, and it will also probably be around for at least another winter season, but the creator winter themed sets are proven winners and this one should provide plenty of bang for your buck. If you are buying those two sets to build then it is a good deal.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1