TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

3 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Got a link to one of the Brickheadz? Or did they fix everything already. Don't see anything funky on my end this morning.

It really comes and goes.  I find I see some odd ones pop up when I just type "Brickheadz" in the main search bar on the TRU website, but don't press Enter.  It'll pop up matches that are more than just the Elsa and Witch sometimes and that's how I get to it.  The first time, first thing this morning, was the only time I did it and there was actually something I could add to my cart and check out with.  Since then, I'll see it come up, but it behaves the same as when all those Vaders and Iron Man ones were showing as in, until you try to add them.  

Edited by billybell991
  • Thanks 1

Just now, billybell991 said:

It really comes and goes.  I find it see some odd ones pop up when I just type "Brickheadz" in the main search bar on the TRU website, but don't press Enter.  It'll pop up more than just the Elsa and Witch sometimes and that's how I get to it.  The first time, first thing this morning, was the only time I did it and there was actually something I could add to my cart and check out with.  Since then, I'll see it come up, but it behaves the same as when all those Vaders and Iron Man ones were showing as in, until you try to add them.  

Gotcha, i see one now, thanks!

• 4 months later...

Looking at TRU's website, I've noticed the prices on some sets are above MSRP.  For example, Poe Dameron's X-wing Fighter 75273 is listed at $124.99, while MSRP is $119.99.  This is a bit worrisome.  I like to buy from TRU since they are Canadian, but absolutely not if it means paying more for an item.  Hopefully this is some weird, temporary side effect of the pandemic, and not a permanent change.

33 minutes ago, Codes said:

Looking at TRU's website, I've noticed the prices on some sets are above MSRP.  For example, Poe Dameron's X-wing Fighter 75273 is listed at $124.99, while MSRP is $119.99.  This is a bit worrisome.  I like to buy from TRU since they are Canadian, but absolutely not if it means paying more for an item.  Hopefully this is some weird, temporary side effect of the pandemic, and not a permanent change.

Noticed that as well, the Mandalorian AT-ST is marked up by $5, this started around the pandemic, so yeah hopefully just something temporary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Noticed that as well, the Mandalorian AT-ST is marked up by $5, this started around the pandemic, so yeah hopefully just something temporary.

What are some of the other Canadian stores to buy with decent prices/discount offers? I look at Canadian Tire sometimes but nothing great there.

19 minutes ago, shagmoz said:

What are some of the other Canadian stores to buy with decent prices/discount offers? I look at Canadian Tire sometimes but nothing great there.

LEGO Shop at Home when there are good promos. Walmart and TRU are really bad for discounts nowadays asides from once a year clearance at Walmart. Speaking of Walmart, they've raised prices above MSRP too. Not a good trend...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CLMF said:

LEGO Shop at Home when there are good promos. Walmart and TRU are really bad for discounts nowadays asides from once a year clearance at Walmart. Speaking of Walmart, they've raised prices above MSRP too. Not a good trend...

The MSRP adjustments could be because the Canadian $$$ has been lower than usual the past few months.

43 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

The MSRP adjustments could be because the Canadian $$$ has been lower than usual the past few months.

That's one thing I hadn't considered.  However, it definitely isn't applied to every set, and certainly not at all stores.

• 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, CupIsHalfEmpty said:

image.png.d42af648a63197cee4b84d28fb9b2b0a.png

Wow, this must be the worst Bricktober on record. I see other countries are getting unique miniature fairground sets, guess we'll have to see what we get over the next couple weeks. 

Especially considering many of TRU’s inflated prices to begin with ! 

3 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

If %15 off Lego will be the new norm at TRU, i might be making more trips to Mastermind this holiday season...

15% off marked-up prices is more like only 10% off.   I don't like TRU as much under the new ownership.   Less deals for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

Probably could be gotten with deeper discount at much later. It probably a good flip for the holidays if stocks run low.

You think we will get > 25% off?   I just haven't seen many discounts on Lego in general better than 25% at all recently (except for the Technic Car Transporter on permanent 30% discount).

• 1 month later...