New Member who has a NISB set to sell

Hey everyone!

I guess here is the place to introduce myself! My name is Nick, and I'm a Canadian university student. I've actually come to this site and forum because I'm in a bit of a predicament. I actually have a set I'm trying to sell, but I have zero selling experience and reputation. I have a NISB 10189 Taj Mahal that has been sitting in my basement since 2010 when I purchased it. I bought it to build it, not as an investment, but life got in the way on numerous occasions throughout the years and I never got around to building it. Now I'm a student who is in need of cash so I can buy a vehicle, and I have discovered that my set is actually quite valuable. I would like to sell it, but unfortunately I have nothing in the way of seller feedback and reputation. I also have nothing else of value to sell to boost my reputation, so I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

I just wanted to introduce myself and explain my situation. If anyone has any tips, ideas, suggestions, or if you're interested in the set, please feel free to reply to this thread or send me a private message. I'm really hoping to find some help. Have a good day, guys. Looking forward to getting involved in this community!

Hey everyone!

I guess here is the place to introduce myself! My name is Nick, and I'm a Canadian university student. I've actually come to this site and forum because I'm in a bit of a predicament. I actually have a set I'm trying to sell, but I have zero selling experience and reputation. I have a NISB 10189 Taj Mahal that has been sitting in my basement since 2010 when I purchased it. I bought it to build it, not as an investment, but life got in the way on numerous occasions throughout the years and I never got around to building it. Now I'm a student who is in need of cash so I can buy a vehicle, and I have discovered that my set is actually quite valuable. I would like to sell it, but unfortunately I have nothing in the way of seller feedback and reputation. I also have nothing else of value to sell to boost my reputation, so I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

I just wanted to introduce myself and explain my situation. If anyone has any tips, ideas, suggestions, or if you're interested in the set, please feel free to reply to this thread or send me a private message. I'm really hoping to find some help. Have a good day, guys. Looking forward to getting involved in this community!

You don't have to sell expensive items to get feedback as a seller. Anything from poly bags to used t shirts to new socks to jerky will work. Even if you make little or nothing for your first few sales you will gain a wealth of knowledge by packing and shipping a few items before you sell your Taj. Trust me, it's worth it. 

Definitely have to second the others here.  Take some quality photos, give an accurate description of the box (dents, scratches, etc), and list it on Brickclassifieds.  Buyers and sellers are protected by paypal. You don't need a "reputation" to sell there (because it's new, no one has much of a reputation). And with no fees (except paypal) you'll get to keep almost 97% of the sale price. If you price it fairly, there are serious buyers there who will buy it.