Looking for a suggestion for a set to buy and build (not invest)

Here's the deal.  I can get a discount on the following sets (I won't go into details) and am looking for one FOR A PERSONAL BUILD and would like suggestions, particularly if you have built one.  I will still get any Lego promos, so May 4th promos are worth considering.

Discount is based on my cost in Canadian dollars from US LEGO Shop at Home, after tax, compared to buying from Canada LEGO Shop at Home, after tax (including exchange rate).

Fairground Mixer - 25%

Detective's Office - 27% off

Slave 1, Tie Fighter, Kwik-E-Mart - 20% off

Tower Bridge (although I never bought one at 150US so why buy one now) - 32% off

Sea Cow - 26% off

Sandcrawler - 22% off

Sydney Opera House - 24% off

Or I could just buy a R5 or ToO at 30% off for investment but I want to build

I have already built the other current exclusives so they aren't included (and I don't want to build the Helicarrier) and I am partial to Star Wars sets :)

Thanks for any help!

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 1

I have built all of those sets with the exception of the SOH, UCS TIE and the Kwik E Mart it arrives tomorrow so I will update you if needed. I am also partial to SW sets and if you are looking for a build that is highly enjoyable with some unique building techniques and makes a great display set I would say go with the Slave 1.

If theme was not a variable I would go with the DO it is just full of all kinds of awesomeness with new, fun, and challenging building techniques. The level of detail is amazing and it displays like a piece of art. 

Neither of these sets are play sets IMO but you could swoosh the Slave1 ever so carefully and you possibly could squeeze your fingers into the DO for a round of darts. I did not consider price in my picks. 

A matter of taste, really. IMHO the DO is probably the best set of your list, but it's likely to be around for a while, and if you get these kind of discounts more often, you can wait with this, and choose something else that might be closer to retirement - not to miss out on building that. In that case I would probably go with the Sea Cow (excluding the TB, ToO, and R2 because you don't seem to like them, otherwise any of these for me).