First time in lego store...

It's not wrong as in most of them will not care why you ask. It might be wrong in that 99% have no clue and might lead you to make bad decisions.

I just don't want to get publicly scolded for asking the wrong question in the store lol.

Sent from my XT1030 using Brickpicker mobile app

No harm in asking, but yes I`d be concerned about the reliability of anything you hear. They don`t know anything technically, other than what is in their back room and possibly if their manager told them they may get more stock of something. That`s pretty much as reliable as it gets, if that haha. You`re much better off reading the BP`er Forums here, those of course you already knew that...  :derisive:

LEGO Store employees are among the friendliest around, so I wouldn't fret. I've had conversations with employees who wished they had bought the SSD/GE/HH for later resale. Not sure if any of them actually do it, since LEGO probably stops them, but most don't hate investors. Nevertheless, I would still be a bit cautious when first getting to know the employee. 

I went into the LEGO store the other day and he initiated a conversation about how he had all the modular buildings. I asked him if he gets a discount. He said yes but of course the ones he had to get from other places. He gave me advice about which he thinks will retire without me even asking. He mentioned he's a collector and an investor, and than many of his coworkers are too. I've asked about retirement a lot, none of them care. Asking directly about "which one would you invest in" can depend on the person though, and if their coworkers are in hearing range. Take their advice with a grain of salt -- they get less info than you'd think. The latest from that guy is he thinks they gotta get rid of of one of the UCS starwars soon to make way for new ones -- it's getting crowded.