Jump to content

21119 - The Dungeon


Recommended Posts

I'm hoping to strike up some conversation for the upcoming sets adding to LEGO's repertoire for Minecraft so I figure to pick the smallest and get the bricks building. A suggested retail of $19.99 for two Zombies, another Steve of course, and the usual generic parts aside from a couple special ones like those side brackets in green, treasure chest in medium dark flesh, and a couple translucent green 2x2 blocks.

Not much to write home about by itself as the build is a very simple diorama for some little corner underground. However considering how commonplace of a mob monster Zombies tend to be in the source game (from what I have read), this could be one a fan of Minecraft would buy multiples of to build his/her army of the undead cheaply (being the cheapest set to include Zombies let alone two in a single set) and gaining more of the featured basic bricks would make constructing a larger scale scene quite possible. This could also be teamed up with the first wave set The Cave which has a Zombie and Spider. Don't forget the huge playset of The Mine too.

I know these sets don't impress but they do match the pixelated 'blocky' source material into the very blocky nature of LEGO rather well.

 

21119_main.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Minecraft-010.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Minecraft-011.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see more sets, even if this one looks meh (surprisingly the tree made with transparent bricks does not appear on the cover on the box).

I would almost say the model on the box and what was on display do not appear to be the same thing. The Zombie on the right of the box looks like he is on a wall that 'comes forward' which I suspect is some sort of play feature yet the display model is missing such a thing. I think the display models at this Toy Fair were not the complete final designs as they are on the boxes for whatever reason. The biggest set from this second wave (The Nether Fortress) on display had many blank white bricks with some ink writing on them for a part number I guess in place of ones I suspect will be printed.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Found this at 50% off at Kmart yesterday. Grabbed it for my 4 year old.  This is the first Minecraft set we've attempted to build.

We've been attempting to put it together.  Geez...what a piece of junk.  I'm ready to throw all the pieces into the bin and call it a day.  Trying to build it, but it is so damn flimsy it's just a pain in the ass.  Any movement whatsoever, and the plates come apart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Found this at 50% off at Kmart yesterday. Grabbed it for my 4 year old.  This is the first Minecraft set we've attempted to build.

We've been attempting to put it together.  Geez...what a piece of junk.  I'm ready to throw all the pieces into the bin and call it a day.  Trying to build it, but it is so damn flimsy it's just a pain in the ass.  Any movement whatsoever, and the plates come apart.

What if you build it on a 32x32 green baseplate, would that help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

Picked up 2 of these for $12.99 each from KMart today (actually, for free after points). Buying mainly for partout into BL store (though if they retire and price swings upwards I might hold on to them). Other options were another 75170 Phantom (but the price of Thrawn is dropping quickly on EBay and BL and it doesn't have much else going for it except for the figs) or 2x Creator Dinosaurs for personal collection.
I see Alpine's opinion on this set from a build perspective. Did I do OK? Picking free sets never was this hard .....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Phil B said:

Picked up 2 of these for $12.99 each from KMart today (actually, for free after points). Buying mainly for partout into BL store (though if they retire and price swings upwards I might hold on to them). Other options were another 75170 Phantom (but the price of Thrawn is dropping quickly on EBay and BL and it doesn't have much else going for it except for the figs) or 2x Creator Dinosaurs for personal collection.
I see Alpine's opinion on this set from a build perspective. Did I do OK? Picking free sets never was this hard .....

I got a couple for $9.99 and sold half the bricks and smaller pieces. I wonder if I should drop the figures to lowest BL price. I don't like their look and have no faith that anyone will be looking to snap them up later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I got a couple for $9.99 and sold half the bricks and smaller pieces. I wonder if I should drop the figures to lowest BL price. I don't like their look and have no faith that anyone will be looking to snap them up later.

If you sold half the bricks, I reckon you pocketed about $15? Since I got these basically for free, and spent $25 in points, I'm hoping to clear just enough to get those $25 back in profit ... from what you say that should be possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...