[LDD] Star Wars Kenner-style Death Star playset

tk924

First, let me start by saying that I must give credit where credit is due and I mostly copied this build as best I could from the pictures at this link https://www.flickr.c...N06/6937426891/
Second, I hope this is ok. I've always wanted to attempt this but I'm not very creative. I also wanted to make this my own by altering some things and not trying to make an exact copy.

Level 4 (top): reserved for the 75034 Death Star Troopers set with large cannon.
Level 3: Emperor's chair with window (will be accompanied by Royal Guards from 75034)
Level 2: Stormtrooper's area? I'll place some Stormtroopers from set 75078 on this level.
Level 1 (bottom): instead of the trash compactor, I opted to go with a docking bay that will either have the Falcon 75030 or the Tie Interceptor 75031 microfighter.

Side view
16686158168_972e75f3e8.jpg

Side view with bay door open
16687655849_136987df74.jpg

Back view
16847901476_28460cb0ba.jpg

Top view
16253793233_89f94453e5.jpg

I'd like some suggestions and feedback. Especially on the top. I've had a rough time lining things up in LDD.

Thanks.

• Like 3

First, let me start by saying that I must give credit where credit is due and I mostly copied this build as best I could from the pictures at this link https://www.flickr.c...N06/6937426891/

Second, I hope this is ok. I've always wanted to attempt this but I'm not very creative. I also wanted to make this my own by altering some things and not trying to make an exact copy.

Level 4 (top): reserved for the 75034 Death Star Troopers set with large cannon.

Level 3: Emperor's chair with window (will be accompanied by Royal Guards from 75034)

Level 2: Stormtrooper's area? I'll place some Stormtroopers from set 75078 on this level.

Level 1 (bottom): instead of the trash compactor, I opted to go with a docking bay that will either have the Falcon 75030 or the Tie Interceptor 75031 microfighter.

I'd like some suggestions and feedback. Especially on the top. I've had a rough time lining things up in LDD.

Thanks.

Looks great. Think you'll get a chance to build it?

Looks great. Think you'll get a chance to build it?

I'm really hoping to make this a reality but I want to add more to the front and work out how the top is going to be assembled before I start ordering all the parts.